Job Title: Learning Support Coordinator
Organisation: Aga Khan Education Services (AKES)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref No: HR/017/08/16
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) currently operates over 200 schools and advanced educational programmes that provide quality pre-school, primary, secondary, and higher secondary education services to students in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Kenya, the Kyrgyz Republic, Uganda, Tanzania, and Tajikistan. AKESU operates all through schools from Pre-School to High School and offers the British National Curriculum (BNC), CIE International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) and the Uganda National Examination (UNEB) curriculum.
Job Summary: The Learning Support Coordinator will provide Learning Support leadership to AKES - EA schools; facilitating the development of policy, systems and support and training for teachers to differentiate learning according to needs and support students who require either short or long term assistance with their learning. The incumbent will work closely with school leaders and teachers across AKES schools in East Africa to effectively model, team-teach, provide feedback and coach to improve pedagogy with a particular focus on students who require learning assistance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the development of a robust learning support policy
- Responsible for the implementation of a LS policy together with a seamless monitoring and feedback system
- Establish teacher professional learning and support mechanisms which result in more differentiated teaching
- Active Learning Support Community of Practice (LCP) developed at AKES-EA
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Education. Possession of a Masters in Education would be desirable
- Qualifications/ Experience in Special Needs Education
- At least five years of continuous experience in Special Needs teaching
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the legal aspects of educational management especially the Education Acts in East Africa
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Proven consistency in work performance.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a letter of application (indicating the job reference number HR/017/08/16 in the subject line), describing experience, along with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of education certificates and contact information of three confidential professional referees, including current Line Manager. It should be addressed to Aga Khan Education Service, Uganda and should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box. 6837, Kampala. Uganda. Please ensure you include an email address, a telephone contact and Skype I.D.
Deadline: 21st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline