Job Title: Laboratory Data/Information Mentor
Organization: East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC)
Project Funding Source: Global Fund
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
The East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC) is a regional intergovernmental organization set up in 1974 to foster cooperation that will lead to the strengthening of health care programmes in the region and promote the attainment of the highest possible standards of health among member states. The Member States of the ECSA Health Community are Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Global Fund Project is a 4-year project that commenced in November 2015 to support National TB Reference Laboratories in 18 countries namely: Botswana, Burundi, Eritrea, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe to improve TB diagnosis in the ECSA Region. ECSA-HC is coordinating and facilitating the project as a Principal Recipient while Uganda Supra National Reference Laboratory (SRL) is the Sub-recipient and implementer of the project.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Data/Information Mentor will support the ECSA Health Community Global Fund Project (GF).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and develop database applications.
· Carry out laboratory database procedures including data entry, data analysis, and storage as well as archiving in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· Perform and document data quality assurance and quality control activities
· In charge of the maintenance of equipment and its documentation.
· Carry out database training and mentoring activities in different country NRLs as directed by the supervisor
· Develop procedures, policies, guidelines and protocols as required.
· Prepare and submit monthly activity reports
· Attend to and resolve any IT and database issues that arise during the course of duty.
· Assist in maintaining regular backups of the databases and other computer files on discs and CDs according to written Procedures.
· Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should ideally hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· A minimum of three years working experience in programming and working with databases.
· Proficient in Programming languages such as Java, C#, PHP/MySQL, Python is a must.
· Working knowledge and skills in the use of ISO 15189 quality management system
· Previous experience in donor funded projects is preferred
· Experience in working in a TB culture Laboratory environment is desirable.
· Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English
· Age: Between 23 and 55 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications comprising of a cover letter expressing the candidate’s motivation for the job and current curriculum vitae with names and contact/addresses of three referees should reach the address below;
East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community,
P.O. Box 1009, Arusha, Tanzania
Email to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline