Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will offer technical support the Internal Audit team in the continuous auditing of the accounting systems, internal controls and operations of the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in and contributes to the preparation of annual Audit work plans and programmes
- Conducts on-going audit of the systems, programmes and the operations of the Authority and submits monthly reports to the Head Internal Audit on work covered as assigned from time to time
- Performs regular reviews of payment and accountability documents to ascertain their accuracy and appropriateness
- Carries out physical verification of assets and participates in the annual stocktaking exercises
- Follows-up on management audit queries to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Offers technical and professional support to management in the development and implementation of governance and accountability frameworks
- The incumbent assesses the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assists in reviewing administrative procedures
- Supports the Senior Internal Auditor in reviewing management and final accounts and supporting schedules for truthfulness and fairness
- Supports internal audit team to work with External Auditors when they are conducting the annual audit of Final Accounts
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Internal Audit or Senior Internal Auditor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Internal Auditor job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree with Honours, in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related field from a recognized University.
- The applicant should hold partial qualification in professional certification in accounting or auditing such as CIA, CPA or ACCA
- A minimum of three years of audit experience working in a reputable organization or audit firm
- Computer literacy and ability to work with accounting packages i.e., Sage, Navision, Tally, QuickBooks etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to get along with different types of people
- Good writing, reporting and oral communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline