Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18392
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will be tasked with reviewing and assessment whilst working in collaboration with Audit Managers to identify the high risk areas of the business in order to give assurance to the Board Audit Committee, Business Executives and Shareholders that good governance practices are in place and internal controls are exercised throughout the financial period. The incumbent will provide support in ensuring the achievement of the Internal Audit (IA) function mission which is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that are designed to add value and improve operational controls. The incumbent will support Internal Audit in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement functional and service strategy:
- Understand the Internal Audit (IA) strategy and its link to Bank Strategy.
- Understand and Comply with the IA standards and methodology as defined and supported by the audit tool.
- Execute allocated operational plans in line with the IA strategy.
- Create and manage component of overall project plan. Meet assigned budget and project milestones. Provide formal weekly project status updates/reporting.
- Contribute to definition and delivery of team goals and KPIs to support delivery of IA annual performance goals.
- Provide input to all committee reports as required.
Manage relationship and allocated portfolios:
- Build and foster a good relationship with business units, enabling functions, internal audit teams and colleagues - through regular communication and formal status reporting.
- Understand detailed business process activities and key risk concerns as well as activities performed in Enabling Functions that support these as well as industry and latest trends impacting risk and control practices
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement (to accountable process owners) in the control environment of your allocated audit portfolio and other areas of the bank.
- Report or share information on emerging trends and potential solutions for addressing control weaknesses, process efficiency challenges or resolving open audit issues.
Provide the third line assurance services
- Actively contribute to development of the IA Annual Audit Plan applying a risk based approach.
- Deliver all allocated assignments within with agreed time, scope, and budget.
- Deliver allocated components of the audit/advisory/proactive assurance assignment and report on these according to the IA methodology and IA quality standards.
- Significantly contribute to continuous enhancement of quality control standards and toolkits for audit assignments.
- Complete all assigned / functional working papers, from planning to report within deadline, and ensure correct classification and allocation of findings in the Audit Tool.
- Report key issues or audit findings accurately in a succinct, impactful manner, clearly articulate and substantiate materiality or significance of the risk and its impact.
Contribute towards team goals and objectives by managing own training requirements
- Contribute towards team goals and objectives. Provide formal performance feedback to peers.
- Manage own training requirements and complete of all Compliance related training.
- Proactively drive own development plans. Facilitate development of junior staff, where applicable. Coach/mentor individuals or intentionally transfer knowledge to individuals on the job to mature their professional skills and careers.
Manage Audit database for future use
- Collect, document and store key information about the audit portfolio in the allocated IA database for common usage. E.g. Stakeholder list by category and needs; audit portfolio key information documents; detailed business process or standard operating procedure documents; business and technology architecture documents; project initiatives, and other.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Internal Auditor job placement must hold a first degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or relevant subject from a recognised university
- Professional qualification in ACCA (significantly completed is required)
- CIA, CISA/CISM would be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Internal/external audit with a reputable organization
- Banking experience preferred although not mandatory
- Management of Audit function – Basic: The ability to manage the operations of the internal audit function to deliver business value and continuously develop it to maintain its relevance within the organisation and with the relevant regulators.
- Maintain IA Professional Practices – Proficient: Knowledge of Internal Audit International Professional Practices and apply them to improve the audit methodology, and as a quality standard for audit engagement deliverables to ensure continuous improvement of the audit function.
- Written Communication – Advanced: Ability to express ideas by means of clear and effective writing, in order to support professional communication internally within the Bank and externally.
- Effective Business Communication – Proficient: Proven ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Execute Audit Delivery – Proficient: The ability to plan, execute, report on an audit or advisory review assignment following the Internal Audit methodology in order to meet the audit objectives and give assurance to management on the Bank’s risk and control environment.
- Apply Critical Thinking – Proficient: The ability to apply problem solving techniques and appropriate research data to appraise the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and identify and provide new insights and practical business solutions that can be implemented.
- Business Acumen – Proficient: Understand the banking industry and the impact that the economic and regulatory environment have on the organisation. Apply this knowledge in your assessment of risks and recommendation of appropriate control and quality frameworks.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 22nd August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline