Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd is part of Bayport Finance Group headquartered in Johannesburg South Africa with operations in over ten countries across Africa and South America. We are a leading other Non-Bank Financial Services provider with presence in over 30 locations across Uganda.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will provide input into and contribute to the completion of the approved internal audit plan and ad hoc projects as allocated by Internal Audit management; to assist with planning of audit projects (i.e. preliminary research, documentation of system description, process flow and risk assessments); efficient execution of audit programmes to ensure audit objectives are met through audit working papers of the appropriate quality to support conclusions reached; and to effectively and timeously communicate audit results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform work by organising time, responsibilities and productivity within set standards and provide assistance to team members as required.
- Successfully resolving queries and conflicts inside and outside the department and escalating as required.
- Become a champion for client service quality and delivery while building strong sustainable relationships with management with a positive impact on the department.
- Complying, applying and living the Standards and Code of Ethics of the International Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) as well as relevant organisational policies.
- Detailed understanding of governance, risk, compliance and internal auditing principles.
- Zero-tolerance for inadequate standards of communications and preparation for any interactions with business to achieve stakeholder communication expectations.
- Maintenance of professionalism and confidentiality in interaction with the business.
- Interaction and coordination with other assurance providers to achieve efficiencies, reliance and strong relationships to assist in achieving overall departmental objectives in a cohesive manner.
- Prepare and maintain outputs to enable achievement and maintenance of the annual audit plan and reporting to stakeholders (including delivery on ad hoc projects).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Internal Audit/Financial Management/Risk Management
- Completed or studying towards ACCA and or CIA will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in audit and data mining software will be regarded as an advantage, these include: Team Mate, IDEA, ACL and Advanced Excel.
- Demonstrable evidence of being able to work in a team of competent, respected internal audit, risk and compliance professionals.
- Ability to assist with the planning of audit steps to ensure the achievement of objectives of an audit programme and continual assessment of additional risks and opportunities during fieldwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Show commitment to continue to study to expand knowledge of internal auditing in one or more areas of speciality.
- Medium level Excel skills
- Good data analytical skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work alone and show initiative
- Understanding of the Bayport Way
- Excellent command of English
- Mature and effective communicator
- Ability to consider governance requirements while understanding business needs
- Ability to interpret business’ natural resistance to internal audit in an emotional mature manner
- Self-motivated; truth-seeking and with the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates drive and resilience and maintains a positive outlook, particularly in times of pressure
- Ability to think from a risk-perspective, e.g. not taking business practices and management interpretation thereof for granted.
- Keeping up to date with latest developments in risk; compliance; internal audit and governance.
- Analytical and logical thinker motivated by success.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs, testimonials, copies of certificates and previous work letters to the HR on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly quote the position title as the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: Applicants not contacted after one week of closing period should consider their applications as not successful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline