Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organization: Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Internal Auditor
The Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is situated under the Presidency of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda - in particular to mobilize, expedite and monitor resources for the HIV/AIDS control programmes and activities.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will conduct internal audit of financial and related transactions of UAC to ensure compliance with accounting principles and regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly review operational financial and accounting systems to ensure efficiency;
· Audit procurement and payment procedures to facilitate efficient and effective transactions of UAC;
· Conduct manpower audit in line with the budget and laws;
· Carry out stores audit for safe custody, efficiency and economic usage of resources;
· Prepare and forward annual and quarterly departmental work plans and budgets to Chief Internal Auditor;
· Offer technical support to external Auditors;
· Prepare and submit periodic reports to Chief Internal Auditor;
· Keenly examine UACs books of accounts;
· Regularly verify payment vouchers and other documents supporting accountability of funds.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UAC Internal Auditor career opportunity should hold an Honors Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized Institution plus full Professional qualifications in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized Institution
· A minimum of six years’ working experience at the level of an Internal Auditor in a public or reputable private organization.
· Good knowledge, skills and understanding of financial management
· Good planning, organizational and coordinating skills
· Good Information Technology skills
· Good coaching and mentoring skills
· High degree of accountability
· Ethics and integrity
· Concern for quality and standards
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/educational certificates and send it to:
The Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda, and P.O Box 10779, Kampala. Uganda OR hand deliver the application to its offices indicated above from 8.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline