Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Manager
Organisation: GOAL International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Country Director (Systems)
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. We are a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation. GOAL Uganda country project focuses on two of GOAL’s three strategic sectors: Health (including WASH and health accountability programming); and Livelihoods. GOAL Uganda mainstreams HIV, gender, child protection and the environment/DRR across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with local civil society organisations, private sector partners and District Local Government to give effect to our mission.
Job Summary: The Human Resource & Administration Manager provides overall coordination oversight of GOAL Uganda’s HR Department. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) the Human Resource and Administration Manager is responsible for delivering outstanding people and organizational development (OD) support to GOAL Uganda Country Programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop and Implement GOAL country programme People and Organisational Development Plans: Develop a clear understanding of the Country people needs and with the Senior Management Team (SMT) create and effectively deliver a people and OD plan to maximise the Country Programmes effectiveness and capabilities.
- Work effectively with the Senior Management Teams (SMT): As part of the SMT of the Country Programme responsible for the overall leadership of the Country Programme. Promote and embed GOAL’s values and leadership behaviours.
- Support Change Management: Support managers to drive, communicate and sustain change implementation by ensuring clarity on the rationale for change, the future vision.
- Performance Management: Embed and role-model a strong performance management culture and processes. Support and coach staff and managers to create clear KPIS, hold open honest conversations, recognise success and implement performance improvement plans
- Work with wider Global HR team: Supporting and sharing learning, resources, mentoring others across the GOAL global HR network.
- Resourcing: Identify skills and capabilities required to deliver current and future country programme work. Develop an annual Country Programme resourcing plan, support and challenge managers to make the right resourcing choices. Use appropriate, effective and creative recruitment and selection approaches.
- Induction: Ensure new and transitioning employees receive a thorough induction and coach managers on their role in delivering inductions.
- Identify and maximise potential: Support managers in identifying and maximising high potential with the deputising programme.
- Learning and Development: Coach Managers to understand employee learning needs, career aspirations and to build learning and development plans. Recommend suitable learning methods and develop an annual Country learning and development plan, supported by learning initiatives from the global people team.
- Reward and Payroll: Manage and continuously improve GOAL’s reward ensuring an appropriate mix of pay, benefits and non-pay rewards in line with GOAL’s reward principles and best practices. Contribute to reward benchmarking and coach managers in talking to employees about reward. Ensure payroll and reward is delivered and communicated effectively.
- Employee Engagement: Encourage high levels of employee engagement, including thorough staff participation in the global employee survey and internal engagement surveys.
- Effective Management of Employee Relations: Provide specialist advice and instruction to managers on employee relations issues (i.e. disciplinary, grievance handling) in line with GOAL’s policy
- People Policies and Processes: Develop and maintain all GOAL Uganda people policies, processes, administration, staff handbook and other documentation, ensuring this is kept up to date, is effective, in line with current statutory legislation and GOAL global policies (i.e., employment contracts, starters, leavers and change processes).
- Diversity Management: Give accurate and appropriate advice, training and support to managers to recognise, respect and enable diversity.
- People Reporting: Collect, collate and accurately analyse people metrics for use within the Country Programme’s and for reporting.
- Partner Organisational Development: Contributing to and supporting GOAL Uganda implementing Partner’s on people management.
- Organisational design and development in close collaboration with other departments/ teams within country programmes
- Other role related tasks. Willing and able to travel for field support between 8-12 weeks per year, predominately to GOAL’s field offices and partner offices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the GOAL International Human Resource & Administration Manager should hold a degree level qualification in Human Resources Management, Organisation Psychology or a Master’s degree in Business Administration/MHRM with a post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Professional HR qualification highly desirable
- At least five years’ experience in senior HR management;
- Three years of managing staff
- The applicant must have established donor relationships in the sector
- Good people management skills, demonstrated through experience;
- Proven recruitment and selection skills;
- Ability to write complex and detailed reports, documents, policies and procedures;
- Ability to lead, manage & implement complex processes to successful conclusion;
- Previous experience in senior management liaising on HR planning and reporting;
- Strong IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook, with experience of using HR databases, online recruitment tools and Intranets.
- Strong communication skills in written and oral English
- Highly competent in interpreting and applying statutory legislation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda via E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Please do not attach certificates and indicate the Position applied for in the email subject.
Deadline: 26th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline