Job Title: Head of Support
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been implementing projects for Internally Displaced Persons and Refugees in Northern Uganda, West Nile and South Western respectively, since 1997. Having smoothly phased-out by end of August 2014 in the North, NRC reopened from September 2014, to compliment efforts of the Government of Uganda and UNHCR in supporting the South Sudanese Refugees currently settled in the Districts of Adjumani and Arua in West Nile. With funding from SIDA, NMFA, ECHO, NRC is implementing integrated projects in Adjumani/Arua refugee settlements.
Job Summary: The Head of Support will mainly ensure that all NRC support functions are providing high quality and efficient support to programme implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Line management for support managers such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT)
· Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
· Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
· Actively facilitate the support function`s strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
· Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
· Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
· Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
· In charge of the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
· Responsible for development of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
· Responsible for organizational learning related to programme support
· Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a College / University, Bachelor's degree
· At least four years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
· Previous exposure and experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Allocation of resources and costs expertise
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Hold a valid driver’s license
· Previous experience of local partners’ assessment and capacity building,
· Previous experience of staff capacity building
· Strategic thinking
· Skilled in managing performance and development
· Empowering and building trust
· Managing resources to optimize result
· All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline