Job Title: Head of Regulatory Affairs
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Managing Director
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Head of Regulatory Affairs will oversee all the regulatory engagements with the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA), Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (UEDCL) and Uganda Electricity Transmission Company along with other key sector entities, spearhead tariff regulation, investments in the distribution network, quality of service and technical/commercial regulatory matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate all regulatory engagements with ERA, UEDCL, UETCL, REA and other sector players.
· In charge of the compilation, review and submission of Umeme’s tariff applications to ERA.
· Ensure investments in the distribution network are approved by the regulator and UEDCL.
· Ensure all the Company’s revenue requirements due are recovered in time
· Make sure that the Company is in compliance with its license obligations and statutory guidelines.
· Coordinate initiatives to increase electricity access in partnership with other sector players, government, donor agencies and the private sector.
· Actively participate in the electricity sector distribution network expansion planning activities to inform appropriate short-term, medium and long term company planning.
· Oversee wheeling agreements with other Licensed Distribution Concessionaires and supervise interactions and engagements with the concessionaires
· Work closely with the in-house and external legal advisors on regulatory matters
· Manage the performance and development of staff under supervision
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Umeme Head of Regulatory Affairs job placement must hold a degree in accounting, economics, law or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Possession of a Master’s degree or a professional qualification in a Commercial related discipline will be a distinct advantage.
· At least five years of relevant experience in a business of similar nature or role in a large and busy organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: email@example.com. Please kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the application E-mail.
Deadline: 1st September 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline