Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board Audit Committee
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Head of Internal Audit provides leadership to the internal audit function of UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI). The Head of Internal Audit has the management responsibility for ensuring that Audit functions perform audits that are in compliance with the institute of internal auditors’ standards for professional practice of internal auditing and UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of planning and coordinating the implementation of management audit programmes compiling audit reports there from and submitting them to the Chairperson Audit Board Committee and Chief Executive Officer, recommending appropriate courses of action, should the situation warrant.
- Develop and implement the internal audit strategy, procedures, policies and performance plan
- Ensure effective engagement of the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) board committee on the performance of the audit functions
- Manage and provide quality control for the departments audits to ensure departmental mandates and business goals are met and that and that professional standards are maintained at all times
- Managing the implementation of the internal control systems to ensure smooth and running of the company
- Provide capacity building to UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) leadership and audit team regarding the role of Internal Audit in Risk
- Ensure quality control of teams audit plans on an ongoing basis by reviewing and approving plans as they are developed and communicated.
- Carrying out any special investigations as may be requested by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Board of Directors
- Assisting the external auditors with the end of financial year audit or any other special audit involving them, and ensuring successful physical cash counts and stock taking exercises.
- Work closely with finance and operations departments to coordinate central bank inspection audits and ensure efficient access to books and records.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University degree preferably in Accounting, finance and management Professional qualification including ACCA, CPA, CISA etc and with membership to a professions body.
- A minimum of five years of post-qualification experience in Audit, preferably in banking, financial institutions or commercial environment;
- Analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Practical experience in reporting to the Board/ Board Audit committee is desired
- Highly developed sense of integrity
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the company’s core values and strategic direction
How to Apply:
The ideal candidate should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up-to-date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline