Job Title: Head MS Ladies
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Head MS Ladies is mainly responsible for implementing managing, monitoring and reporting on the MS Ladies channel. The MS Ladies channel is an innovative approach that brings services to the doorsteps of underserved clients in peri-urban areas who face barriers to access by empowering these nurses and/or midwives to proactively reach clients with SRH in their homes at affordable prices. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that quality standards for performance and productivity are met and continuously improve. H/She is also expected to communicate / report on the MS Ladies channel on a regular basis to their line-manager as well as the MS Ladies Channel Development Director. H/she will provide strategic leadership and oversight of the work of 80 MS Ladies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead in the implementation of the MS Ladies Channel
- Determine service provider location through a mapping exercise, based on three selection criteria:
- The availability of service providers looking for additional work;
- A demonstrable limitation of access to comprehensive SRH services; and
- Proximity of no more than a three hour travel distance to a MSU Center for referral and management of complications.
Identify and recruit Marie Stopes Ladies
- Lead project introductory meetings with the District Health Officers and other stakeholders to foster buy-in
- Coordinate delivery of comprehensive training for the MS Ladies in areas including clinical health care delivery, business skills, reporting and client care, with the support of the Quality and Training Team.
- Ensure equipment, regular family planning commodities and transport allowances needed for service delivery are procured and and provided to MS Ladies.
- Deliver quality assurance and performance monitoring of services by the MS Ladies through the coordination and provision of technical assistance and support supervision.
- Support MS Ladies in generating demand for their services
- Manage the development and execution of the channel business plan, on an annual basis, setting and delivering on realistic projections and expectation
- The jobholder will design and implement strategies to lead the channel towards financial sustainability, year on year
- Support the baseline and endline data research to measure the effectiveness of the intervention
- Design and monitor a cost effective reporting system for MS Ladies to report service numbers and income which guides accurate forecasting
- Provide advice and mentorship to the MS Ladies network as required, perform spot checks and develop individual performance improvement plans where required.
Ensure compliance to MSU, MOH and donor standards
- Ensure MS Ladies are charging clients appropriately as per agreed MoUs.
- Responsible for ensuring all complication management processes with effective referral systems are adhered to and are reported on with support from the Quality Assurance Team
- Ensure compliance with;
- MSU & MOH clinical quality standards, including an annual MS Ladies QTA and incident reporting
- MSU finance policy and MSI anti-fraud and bribery guidelines within the channel
- MSI Sexual and Reproductive Health Commodities Quality Policy: V3
- Donor rules and regulations
Performance and financial analysis, management & reporting
- Responsible for accurate and timely accountability of funds allocated and dispersed for all activities in the region
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly activity plans and budgets to the Programme Manager as well as narrative reports and workplan updates as requested by the donor
- Collect accurate monthly data to be entered into the Sun System and ensure that it meets the data validation minimum standards
- Analysis of complex financial systems and data to identify effective mechanisms to increase cost efficiencies and channel income without compromising on quality or service numbers.
- Develop, test and implement strategies for the channel to head towards financial sustainability using income to expenditure and cost per CYP data informed through SUN financial accounting data
- Perform regular market analysis, demonstrating a deep understanding of market pricing and demand generation strategies of alternative FP providers within the regions of operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Nursing / Diploma in midwifery with work experience to mid-level management level
- Clinical vocational training is desirable
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a line management position, preferably in the health management, family planning and/or community development.
- Experience managing a large remote team and motivating a team through management techniques with a track record of building and motivating teams to achieve objectives
- Evidence of building strong relationships with national government entities and personal experience and knowledge of Ugandan public health sector
- Previous experience in Budget management and excellent understanding of donor deliverables and contract requirements
- Previous experience in data analysis and financial understanding
- High competency across MS word, excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of clinical procedures and minimum standards essential
- Knowledge of Clinical Health, Community based work, Family Planning, Social Marketing and Commercial Health Services is an advantage
- Ability to offer coaching, mentoring and objective assessment of skills to MS ladies as part of the supervision process
- Knowledge of more than one Ugandan language desirable
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome.
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands.
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
The Head MS Ladies is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
- Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
- Equality of opportunity and access
- Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Select Head MS Ladies
Deadline: 5th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline