Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Organisation: Restless Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Fundraising & Partnerships Manager
Gross Annual: UGX 44,846,917
Restless Development is the global leader in youth-led development. Our award winning youth-led approach reaches over 450,000 young people weekly across 8 countries in Africa and Asia, and engages 350 youth organization from around the world. Since 1985, we have demonstrated that young people are critical actors in the development, and can drive positive change at local, national and international levels in the areas of sexual and reproductive health, livelihoods and civic participation. Our model is bottom up and holistic, focusing on individual leadership change amongst young people as well as systematic changes in policy and practice towards a more supportive environment for youth-led development.
Job Summary: The Grants Coordinator will work closely with the Fundraising and Partnerships, M&E, Programmes and Finance Units to ensure that key reporting, financial and implementation deliverables as well as other donor and contractual requirements for all grants are met. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong coordination, communication and interpersonal skills looking to develop their fundraising skills within an innovative and growing organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Grant Management (50%)
· Organise and lead grant start up meetings to induct implementing staff on grant requirements
· Schedule and coordinate regular grant management meetings to monitor progress against activities, M&E targets and spend as well as compliance to contractual terms for key restricted grants.
· Update CLT and programmes teams on grant performance
· Regularly review monthly financial and programme reports for early identification of any challenges and risks in grant spend and implementation which may jeopardise good relations with donors
· Work closely with the Senior Fundraising & Partnerships Manager to support the updating of the pipeline tool (the Funnel) on a monthly basis to track donor income and partnership development efforts
· In charge of the development and maintenance of a grants management and tracking tool
· Work in liaison and communication with partners and donors on grant management issues as necessary
· Actively participate in budget reforesting for all grants on a quarterly basis
· Work closely with the Logistics team to keep track of donor assets and management, ownership and transfer of assets at end of grants
· Manage grant close out process and ensure grant close out files including timesheets are electronically and physically kept in line with our policies and procedures
· Work closely with the Finance team to lead on required grant No cost extensions(NCEs) as required
· Work with finance and OHR team on monthly staff time allocations to ensure effective grant management and reporting
· Electronic and paper filing of donor and partner contracts and communications
· Ongoing maintenance of organised partnerships documentation for audit purposes
· Preparation of requested donor contracts, partnership files and other documentation for internal and external audits, spot checks and donor financial assessment
· Work closely with the Senior Fundraising and Partnerships Manager to support on the implementation of recommendations from internal and external audits for the Fundraising and Partnerships Unit.
Donor Reporting: (25%)
· Maintain and improve a system for timely submission of high quality donor reports
· Coordinate donor reporting meetings with programmes, M&E and finances staff to ensure adequate planning for timely reporting
· Coordinate and follow up with programme, M&E and finance staff for information and inputs into donors reports
· Work in liaison with the Finance team to support the preparation of donor financial reports for small and medium term grants as required
· Deliver high quality editing of reports to ensure a good level of English and an accurate picture of progress is presented.
· Work in liaison with the M&E team to align donor reporting with internal systems
· Sharing regular donor updates and key reporting and proposal dates from the Fundraising and Partnerships Meeting with all staff
Marketing & Communications (20%)
· Liaising with the Programmes team to gather content for the production of the Annual Report and Quarterly Newsletters
· Work closely with the M&E and Programmes team to produce high quality significant change stories and videos demonstrating the impact of Restless Development’s work for a range of audiences
· Regular updating and maintaining social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Yammer
· Ensuring regular online interactions with donors, partners other stakeholders in the youth sector
· Guide on donor branding requirements and related areas as specified in grant contracts
· In charge of the induction of new staff and ongoing training of current staff on grant management and donor reporting requirements
· Logistical preparations for donor visits and visits from the International Investments and Partnerships team
· Work as an active member of the Extended Leadership Team (ELT)
· Adhoc administrative tasks as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal applicant for the Restless Development Grants Coordinator job opportunity must hold a Graduate-level degree in a relevant field such as Fundraising, international development, NGO management, programme management, marketing and communications
· Prior grant management and fundraising experience, especially in managing of bi lateral and multilateral grants a plus
· Skilled in writing donor reports
· Experience in donor financial assessments, audits, spot checks
· Prior experience in monitoring budgets
· Knowledge of the International Development sector, particularly the youth sector
· Excellent organisation skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent financial management skills
· Self-driven and able to work independently
· High-level of attention to detail
· Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team and liaise with different Units
· The individual must be results-orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills.
· The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organization and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a filled application form, download here, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline