Job Title: Grants and Contract Manager
Organization: PKF Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PKF Uganda envisions being the leading Regional Firm, with a recognized global presence providing total quality and personalized service through relationships and empowered manpower and it has been in existence since 1964. Our client in the NGO Health Sector has an upcoming funding opportunity with a start date in April 2017.
Job Summary: The Grants and Contract Manager will initiate, develop, and monitor the implementation of systems, policies, and working procedures for managing finance activities of the awardees in line with the donor's financial guidelines and harmonized governing financial guidelines for sub-awardee.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Bench mark the upcoming grants oriented financial control systems, policies and procedures and the awardees' prevailing financial control systems, policies and procedures then organize an awardee stakeholders meeting to come up with an appropriate and harmonized financial control systems, policies and procedures among awardees in maintaining a financial discipline for the grant
· The jobholder will develop and monitor the implementation of systems and procedures for managing pre-award (sub grant orientation and negotiation) processes, selection of potential sub awardees, and managing award process inclusive of approval of award agreements and issuing 'notice of awards' in line with Donor grants policy and organization awardee management
· Prepare sub-award budget projections, provide indicative planning figures to implementing awardees, and approve periodic awardees budgets & work plans then monitor timely disbursements of funds to sub-awardees as per the approved budgets in line with the to the donor regulations and signed Memorandum of understanding with sub-awardees
· Develop a system for conducting periodic risk assessment of all sub awardees and categorize them according to their potential to manage a grant and performance ratings then allocate recommendable measures to management per category to enhance full accountability and value for money of sub awardee in line with Organization grants policy
· Develop and monitor the implementation of strategies for conducting ad hoc audits/ visits and regular monitoring visits to awardees to establish the financial progress of the sub grant, sub awardee financial management systems & procedures then promote holding of related instant lessons learnt meetings in accordance with the grants guidelines and agreements.
· Develop and monitor the implementation of strategies for tracking and enhancing accurate and timely full financial reporting/accountability by the sub awardees and implementation of measures to handle sub awardees who fail to account for awarded funds including recovery measures in accordance with Organization grants policy.
· Develop and monitor the implementation of Grants and contract management 'operation strategy’ based on holistic strategic thinking' through periodically developed quarterly consolidated Balance scorecard then prepare periodic consolidated performance reports to key stakeholders in line with Organization's mission
· Build and maintain strategic partnerships and networks with relevant stakeholders like local government, potential funders while periodically engaging Donors in lifting funding restrictions, Redirection of funds, Supplemental funds, response to technical review of summary statement and Change in key personnel in line with Organization partnership & network guidelines
· Develop and monitor the implementation of a consolidated 'Grants and contract management' operational work plan, procurement plan and budget for the project in line with the grant award objectives and governing policy for sub-awarding.
· Regularly monitor the compliance of the regional teams to HR systems and policies as well as conduct supervisory HR support activities to maintain a competent & motivated "team of Grants and contact staff" in line with the Human resources manual and Uganda employment act.
· Develop and implement a system and schedule for conducting 'end of sub grant audit' to establish whether the objectives have been achieved, any pending activities and as well as the availability of all the required and up to date documents at 'phase out stage of a sub grant' then give feedback to the sub-awardees and monitor implementation of agreed upon actions before the grant ends line with governing policy for sub-awarding.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The job holder should hold a Bachelor's (honors) degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance and a Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or an MBA with accounting option from a reputable university. Membership of any relevant professional i.e. ACCA or CPA
· At least five years’ working experience in managing Implementing grants programs/projects with a reputable international NGO, and direct experience with government and donor representatives
· Working knowledge of project planning and management principles donor guidelines with Strong understanding of Resource mobilization, writing of fundable proposals.
· Knowledge of Finance and accounting packages most especially Navision is an added advantage
· Team and communication skills
· Good analytical skills
· Good networking and partnership skills.
· Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
· Age: Between 35-45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an email application with a fully updated CV and academic documents, email address and day-time telephone contact to this E-mail address; email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline