Job Title: Finance Officer
Organization: East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC)
Project Funding Source: Global Fund
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Officer
The East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC) is a regional intergovernmental organization set up in 1974 to foster cooperation that will lead to the strengthening of health care programmes in the region and promote the attainment of the highest possible standards of health among member states. The Member States of the ECSA Health Community are Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Global Fund Project is a 4-year project that commenced in November 2015 to support National TB Reference Laboratories in 18 countries namely: Botswana, Burundi, Eritrea, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe to improve TB diagnosis in the ECSA Region. ECSA-HC is coordinating and facilitating the project as a Principal Recipient while Uganda Supra National Reference Laboratory (SRL) is the Sub-recipient and implementer of the project.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will support the ECSA Health Community Global Fund Project (GF).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Budgeting:
· Lead in the ECSA HC/GF planning and budgeting process and oversee the development of accurate plans and budgets for all the activities.
· Manage fund transfers to the areas and ensure that accurate documents are kept of the process and that the internal processes are respected.
· Ensure that all internal and external financial and administrative reporting requirements are met in accordance with GF standards
· Establish or adapt the existing systems and procedures at the Uganda NTRL/SRL to be able to monitor and track finances received from ECSA-HC to execute GF activities.
· The incumbent will prepare timely and accurate financial requisitions to ECSA-HC to support the agreed designated project activities as required.
· Provide timely and accurate financial reports for projectfunds received by the Uganda SRL
· Reconcile all GF related advances disbursed from ECSA-HC in the Uganda SRL accounting system on a monthly basis.
· Prepare monthly GF recurring journal entries.
· Track fixed assets and record depreciation.
· Reconcile Bank Accounts
· Update and maintain the Journal for all Bank accounts.
· Process client invoices for assigned projects and activities.
· Assist with the month end closure of the books of accounts.
Audit and Internal Controls:
· Work closely with the Uganda NTRL/SRL management to ensure that all policies and procedures relating to audit are respected and audits are carried out in a timely manner for the GF project.
· Develop, adapt and roll-out ECSA policies and finance procedures into the GF Project
· Ensure Internal Controls for compliance with GF and ECSA standards
Finance Capacity Building:
· Ensure appropriate communication on financial matters with the Contracts and Finance Manager at the Global Fund (GF) regional office and the Finance officer at ECSA-HC.
· Report, measure and interpret the results of operations. Ensure the appropriate financial statements are accurately produced.
· Analyze financial performance against budgets and prepare other pertinent financial analysis.
· Develop, adapt and manage the ECSA GF procurement policies and procedures for the GF project.
· Work closely with the Finance Officer at ECSA-HC to ensure the Uganda SRL team are orientated on the procurement procedures in addition to ensuring that the necessary procurement is done in a timely manner.
· Work in close collaboration with ECSA-HC Arusha Office facilitating the processing of the relevant benefits package for the GF project staff.
· Support the project staff to fulfil their income tax obligations in line with the ECSA and GF regulations.
· Providing requisite logistical support to GF activities at ECSA HC.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration /Commerce /Finance or Economics with a bias in Accounting or its equivalent. CPA / ACCA or any other relevant professional course at level one qualification will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
· Previous exposure and experience in donor funded projects is preferred.
· Previous experience in working in a health sector is required.
· Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English.
· Age: Between 28 and 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications comprising of a cover letter expressing the candidate’s motivation for the job and current curriculum vitae with names and contact/addresses of three referees should reach the address below;
East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community,
P.O. Box 1009, Arusha, Tanzania
Email to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline