Job Title: Logistician
Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Job Summary: The Logistician will offer support supervision in the coordination and control of transport and logistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adheres to clear rules for proper functioning of the transport function.
· The incumbent implements set procedures for effective vehicle usage while minimizing the costs.
· Actively participates in selecting the fuel stations that will supply fuel.
· Regularly inspects every vehicle physically and by driving it in order to establish its mechanical condition and road worthiness.
· The jobholder builds and maintains productive relationships with suppliers of vehicle repair services, fuels, oils and spares and coordinates regularly with the procurement function.
· Supports fleet Management to ensure that movement of vehicles and repairs comply with regulations and policies.
· Ensures that every driver understands and signs the "vehicle control policy signifying that they understand it and are willing to adhere to its provisions.
· Manages a system for monitoring and tracking the distances and relates them to fuel usage.
· Adheres to a car parking policy that defines who can use the vehicle, at what time, for what purpose and when the vehicle must be parked.
· Supports the introduction of incentives in order to encourage drivers to drive well and avoid costly accidents.
· Supports in the implementation of performance management processes and regularly sets targets for drivers and conducts effective appraisals.
· Actively participates in the selection of qualified drivers.
· Ensures Value for Money for all goods and services delivered to transport and logistics sub-department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a University degree or Diploma in logistics/ Supply chain Management / Mechanics or a related field.
· At least two years of professional experience in a logistics or supply function, preferably in an NGO
· Previous experience in logistics for the support of humanitarian and recovery contexts, as well as development programmes.
· Good Computer skills: Very good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Broad knowledge and understanding of budget development and monitoring is an added advantage
· Be a self-starter, who can accomplish tasks with minimal or no supervision.
· Ability to manage a team of staff as well as cooperate with other units.
· Keen attention to details and
· Excellent organizational skills .
· Ability to drive and ride motorcycle
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One page cover letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae, CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: email@example.com addressed to Office of Administration/Human Resources.
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 2nd September, 2016 by 4:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline