Job Title: Special Projects-Follow Up Field Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
GiveDirectly is an international non-profit organization that currently operating in Kenya and Uganda that aims to help people living in extreme poverty by making unconditional cash transfers to them via mobile phone. GiveDirectly is driving a re-evaluation of the norms underlying international philanthropy with a provocative model: We deliver donations directly to the extreme poor and let them decide what to do with them. This approach builds on two converging trends: the rapid spread of electronic last-mile payments solutions in emerging markets, and the large body of experimental evidence showing that direct transfers are as or more cost-effective at reducing poverty than traditional, top-down approaches. GiveDirectly’s field operations utilize state-of-the-art technologies and business processes to deliver transfers securely, efficiently, and transparently.
Job Summary: The Special Projects-Follow Up Field Officer will serve as the front-line of interaction with recipients after they have received their transfers. The incumbent will answer the hotline and resolve recipient’s questions and problems, and call recipients to administer follow up surveys, collecting data for the improvement of the program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Follow-Up Field Officer Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Follow up surveys: call (and sometimes visit) recipients to administer surveys to collect data used to improve the program and uncover any recipient problems.
· Hotline calls: answer the phone as recipients call in with questions or concerns, answering their questions and escalating any problems as necessary.
· Registration problem resolution: call the recipients who have not registered with MTN mobile money or who have registered with the wrong name(s), and advise them on how to register.
· Adverse Events Resolution: assist / advise recipients who have reported problems related to the program and escalate any problems as necessary
· Follow-Up Field Officers will participate in these activities to varying degrees depending on the organization’s needs. Follow-Up Field Officers may rotate through these responsibilities in order to foster professional development and growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in a relevant field. A degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
· The Field Officer will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering GiveDirectly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. For that reason the suitable candidate for the position will:
· One to two years’ working experience in the field with preference to vulnerable communities
· Ability to conduct and support recipient surveys and associated processes.
· Computer and mobile device data entry knowledge and skills.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties.
· Patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems
· Strong interpersonal skills with high empathy, honesty, and integrity
· Must be able to work in and within teams
· High-quality problem solving skills and work ethic
· Strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
· Good time-management skills
· Possess work/language proficiency in English and Lusoga.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
NB: Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS. GiveDirectly does not request for any form of payment from an applicant.
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline