Job Title: Social Protection Facilitator CPIMS
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Social Protection Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Social Protection Facilitator CPIMS will provide grassroots CPIMS management and implementation, monitoring and documentation of Unaccompanied & Separated children, generate reports in different forms and share data to partners as per the information sharing protocol and assumes the responsibilities given under the purpose in accordance with a well-defined framework of policies and procedures under immediate supervision. The incumbent will ensure the smooth information exchange between UNHCR, UNICEF, and other key CPIMS Implementing Partners. The jobholder will also further give extended support in relation to child protection at the Child Friendly Spaces and psychosocial support guided by WV Uganda Policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of CPIMS databases, overseeing data collection, entry and verifications.
- Generate and submit all standard reports including all weekly reports and statistical data reports to the Social protection coordinator.
- Undertake the documentation and data management for Unaccompanied and Separated Children as per the procedure and standards
- Enhance smooth processing and production of Unaccompanied and Separated children information as need.
- Input all case management forms into the interagency child protection database, give feedback and follow ups on additional information from the persons submitting the forms to, ensure efficient data capture processes.
- Regularly review case reports and monitoring statistics with the coordinator and facilitators; setting targets for case follow-ups, closure and identifying gaps as appropriate.
- Update all Unaccompanied & Separated Children information and status and produce their information using CPIMS
- Keenly analyze and respond to report requests from all respective CPIMS partners as per the protocol.
- Regular archive and backup CPIMS database system to ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions
- Support entry of information and Assign database codes to new individual cases in an organized and accurate manner
- Ensure confidentiality of all children information.
Technical and Capacity Building:
- Enhance and train staff and partners in CPIMS and children child protection.
- Support other response staff on unaccompanied and separated children in relation to service provision within the refugee operation.
- Maintain standards for child participation, including data confidentiality.
- Support the Social Protection facilitators, Coordinator and M&E Assistant in establishing and maintaining a Monitoring and Evaluation system relating to case management.
- Ensure that all technical information pertinent to CPIMS is obtained, documented and disseminated to staff as required.
- Enhance synergies within the communities to achieve integration and attainment of regional objectives
- Establish and liaise closely with other UNICEF, UNHCR, OPM and partner agencies regarding documentation of unaccompanied and separated children to ensure and promote a coordinated approach to case management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Social Protection Facilitator CPIMS employee should hold a university degree in information Communication Technology, Information management, Data Management, sociology, International Relations or related fields.
- At least two or more years’ experience working with data base systems especially CPIMS on case management and child protection programming in an NGO context.
- Past exposure and experience with integration / mainstreaming of child protection, case management, unaccompanied and separated children.
- Past experience in working with refugee communities. Very strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical, documentation, problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Possess the ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Working knowledge of humanitarian industry including sphere standards, NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to cope and deal with stress and work under stressful work conditions is a requirement
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Vision Statement
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline