Job Title: Social Protection Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Social Protection Facilitator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Social Protection Assistant will actively facilitate the implementation of social protection projects in the refugee settlements and host communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate and ensure teamwork among volunteers for greater ministry impact, in the community.
- Support community systems, children groups and stake holders in advocating for child protection, participation, psychosocial care within the CFSs and ECDs.
- Facilitate the integration of social protection activities with within the refugee settlements and host communities
- Handle visitors including donors, support office and national office staff, stakeholders, in line with the child protection policy and behavioral protocol.
- Work with children and communities to design and deliver psychosocial support activities including recreational, creative, cultural and social activities for children in their communities and at the child friendly spaces according to the agreed plan of action.
- Provide information for projects design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Mobilize community meetings with children and key stakeholders at community, sub county and district levels.
- Support children, community systems, animators and ECD caregivers with knowledge on referral pathway to facilitate identification, documentation, creation of bio-database, placements, monitoring tracing and follow-up of psychosocial case management
- Facilitate case management, and data collection in line with the required and approved standards
- Collect and compile statistical data and information regarding caregivers, community members and children participation in activities at the CFS, ECDs and peace clubs.
- Monitor CFS implementation as per the global minimum children in emergencies protection standards.
- Facilitate community to establish systems aimed at strengthening community capacity in responding to SBGV and child abuse cases in the refugee settlements.
- Mobiles communities to identify children with disabilities and also model families for the projects implementation.
- Facilitate progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on LEAP framework, the IASC and WVI standards.
- Prepare and submit regular monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports.
- Prepare detailed implementation plans based on approved and funded proposals and submit to social protection coordinator for approval
Technical and Capacity Building:
- Mentor and build the capacity of children, community caregivers, animators, community structures in child protection, positive parenting, peaceful coexistence and the learning frame work using approved approached and models.
- Support communities, community structures, animators, partners and children in maintaining the minimum standards for child participation, psychosocial care, and early child hood development and Peace Building.
- Develop tools to manage data and information collection and analysis in establishing and maintaining a Monitoring and Evaluation adherences
- Document impact and success stories evidenced with quality pictures to share milestone with staff, partners and donors
- Facilitate the CFS, ECDs and peace building community volunteer in data confidentiality and management system
- Data cleaning, follow ups and feedback from the CFSs at ECD so as they enter it in the information management system.
- Regular updates and monitoring of the CFSs to ensure technical support is given in regard to play equipment and materials as per the global minimum standards.
- Facilitate communities to fully participate in project activities for enhanced community ownership, peaceful coexistence and sustainability.
- Facilitate advocacy forums led by children on issues affecting them. The forums are aimed at awareness creation and sensitization of communities’ psychosocial operations.
- Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the Counties and district level
Financial Management Budget control and Monitoring:
- Prepare concepts notes, project activity budgets, expenditure, and preparation of activity quarterly financial and narrative reports as per the grant guidelines and submit them within the agreed timeframes.
- In charge of the preparation of payment, advance and purchase requests for appropriate project transactions in line with approved M&E documents.
- File all accountability and attendance lists in line with audit requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Social Protection Assistant employee should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Community psychology or Education.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in working with refugees, peace building basic education and nutrition
- Excellent collaboration and networking skills
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline