Job Title: Research Officer
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Agro Processing and Marketing of Agricultural Products (APM) Project
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) is working in collaboration with Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) in implementing a project to support “Agro Processing and Marketing of Agricultural Products (APM) Project.” The overall goal of the Project is to establish an Agro Processing and Marketing Strategy through empowering and building capacity of the rural based farmers to undertake agro processing and marketing of Maize and Rice.
Job Summary: The Research Officer will offer support in developing and undertaking relevant studies and analyses in line with the Project objectives
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of developing and undertaking relevant studies and analysis in line with the Project objectives
- Responsible for collecting data, analyzing and reporting
- Designing research schedules to monitor the activities of production, value addition and marketing
- Keenly reviewing gathered research, analyze and collate data sets and writing analytical reports
- Compiling quarterly and annual progress reports for the project regarding implementation
- Perform any assigned duties from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with honors in Statistics or Economics from a recognized University or Institution
- At least one year experience working experience in data collection and analysis
- Relevant computer knowledge and skills especially MS Excel, MS Access, MS power point and MS Word.
- Previous experience in statistics and data processing especially household level data is an added advantage.
- Practical working knowledge in survey methodologies and statistical analysis is also desirable
- Team work and capacity building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Age: Between 21-35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should fill public Service Form Three , download here, and submit to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 12th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline