Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Coordinator
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for providing logistical support to the department. S/he will oversee that administrative routines are implemented efficiently and effectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration Logistical Support:
· Prepares prompt payment to vendors according to the approved purchase order agreement; punctual delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment, and conducts negotiations of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
· Follows-up approved orders for timely delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment, and conducts negotiation of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
· In charge of organizing and implementing the procurement function in respect to workshop and training bookings at Country Office level in conformity with Plan International Uganda’s policies and procedures.
· Keenly reviews active orders both electronic and hard copy to determine delivery status and follows up with vendors to assure prompt delivery.
· Communicates with staff concerning delivery progress and maintains records of receipt of invoices.
· Prepares a weekly procurement progress log for sharing with all staff with up-to-date status of the procurements.
· Places orders in the line of responsibility and drafts/writes related correspondences.
· Prepares vendor set up forms following the established procedures and minimum selection standards, including ant-terrorism screening.
· Works closely with the Communications department for review of adverts before placing in the media/press.
· Receives, tabulates and opens bid documents, including bid opening receipts as per Plan International procurement procedures.
· Assists the supervisor in the maintenance of updated records related to procurement function such as vendor contract files, framework agreement files with service providers.
· Acts as a backup the customer care/reception desk officer as and when assigned.
· As delegated by the Procurement Coordinator, performs the tasks in line with established procedures and policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Plan International Procurement Assistant career placement should preferably hold a higher Diploma in business or education or another related field.
· A minimum of two years of working experience in a relevant field in the INGO is an added advantage
· Computer literacy i.e. experience in use of Microsoft office applications i.e. word, excel and power point.
· Ability and willingness to learn and travel to the field
· Very well organized and able to work under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Ag. Country Human Resources Manager,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th November 2016.
Deadline: 12th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline