Job Title: Officer, Maintenance
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18414
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer, Maintenance will ensure the planning, control and maintenance of the Bank premises and facilities, in line with the set Bank objectives, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Facilities and Logistics Manager in the management of the Facilities activities at Head Office and in the Branch network.
- Provide data and information for the formulation of proposals for facilities maintenance requirements
- In charge of monitoring and supervising the activities of Facilities contractors and suppliers
- Ensure quick resolution of any issues and queries logged on the issue tracker.
- Regularly visit bank premises to assess compliance to facilities requirements for proper housekeeping and maintenance of bank premises and equipment.
- Tasked with the preparation and submission of reports for Facilities Unit
Customer Service & Stakeholder Management:
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with all relevant external stakeholders in order to secure that the Facilities work proceeds with the relevant support and backing
- Identify, implement and monitor all key related metrics and performance measures across the team; this includes the delivery and monitoring of SLA’s (internal and external providers)
- Ensure adequate review and reconciliation of all Vendor invoices within the provisions of the bank’s payments procedures
- Provide adequate requirements to procurement to guide proper costing facilities contracts and adhoc works.
- Ensure value for money in maintenance and repairs
- Actively participate in budgetary planning and control
- Cost reporting on all Facilities activity
Project Management: Support the input of Facilities and Logistics requirements in Bank projects
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies
- Participation in training and development as per provisions of the bank
Control: Implementation of Risk and Control procedures
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer, Maintenance career opportunity must hold an Honour’s Degree Engineering/Business Administration or equivalent
- At least two years of related work experience
- Good understanding of Service Industry of Uganda
- Good knowledge of Premises and Facilities management.
- Contract and Vendor Management
- Good understanding of maintenance operations in accordance with the approved Bank’s specifications and procedures.
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS projects
- Ability to deal with a diversity of problems
- Good negotiating skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 17th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline