Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information Security Operations Manager
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Management Trainee Information Security Operations will deliver information security management programs for organizations to ensure protection of information and information processing assets as well as technical response in case of incidents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide ‘front-line’ defence of networks, protecting information from unauthorized access and violations.
· The incumbent will configure ICT technologies such a antivirus/antimalware, routing & switching in LAN/WAN architectures, WLAN, Radius, Firewalls, Identity Access Management, SDLC, Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, IIS, ISA, DNS), Linux, proxy servers, multiple-factor authentication
· Analyse security breaches in organizational networks and systems to identify remediation strategies with respect to set escalation procedures
· Carry out vulnerability management, SIEM and Log Management, file integrity as well as security design architecture reviews
· Undertake internal and external network and systems vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
· Document and conform to set guidelines and standard operating procedures related to security monitoring for abnormal and suspicious activity
· Actively participate in knowledge sharing with other departments and documentation of technical information
· Identify and define system security requirements
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Information Security Operations Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Management Trainee Information Security Operations job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Security or a related field from a recognized university
· One year of experience in information security or in administration of IT Systems or in a related field.
· Previous experience with system, software and security architectures
· Broad knowledge and understanding of Information Security principles, practices, techniques and technologies
· Broad knowledge of Networking protocols and technologies e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, etc.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities and attacks
· Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
· Basic knowledge of Windows server and Unix/Linux operating systems
· Working knowledge of vulnerability management and penetration testing tools.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point (Visio is a plus)
· Analytical and problem –solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Stakeholder Management skill
· Flexibility, persistence and willingness to work on a variety of activities/tasks
· Strong organizational skills
· Fluent English (written and oral)
Clearance: The successful applicant will be subject to National Security Vetting in line with the National Information Security Framework (NISF).
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 28th August 2016 by 17.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline