Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information Security Operations Manager
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Management Trainee Information Security Compliance will support organizations meet compliance requirements in line with National information security directives, standards and frameworks. The role will as involve monitoring information security standards and policies across organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertake implementation, enforcement and validation of information security policies, standards, methods and procedures
· Assist organizations implement practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security
· Keenly monitor organizations’ compliance with their internal policies and procedures as well as existing National cyber security requirements and directives
· Undertake organizational information security management audits
· Support organizations establish roles and responsibilities with regard to appropriate information classification and protection
· The incumbent will support organizations’ in the development of effective business continuity and disaster recovery programs
· Support organizations to leverage appropriate information security tools and methodologies to enhance security of digital infrastructure, applications and overall data security.
· Actively participate in the development and implementation of information security awareness and education programs
· Undertake vendor and third party audit compliance with National security requirements
· The incumbent will implement the information security/compliance management framework based on National standards and frameworks
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Information Security Operations Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Management Trainee Information Security Compliance job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems information Security or a related field from a recognized university
· One year of experience in Information Security Compliance, Information Security Management or in a related field.
· Broad knowledge of National information security standards and frameworks.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of trends and developments in the areas of information security, risk management, and ICT
· Basic knowledge of Information Security principles and practices
· Basic Knowledge of Project Methodology
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point (Visio is a plus)
· Analytical and problem –solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skill across strategic, tactical and operational levels
· Stakeholder Management skill
· Flexibility, persistence and willingness to work on a variety of activities/tasks
· Excellent organizational skills
· Fluent English (written and oral)
Clearance: The successful applicant will be subject to National Security Vetting in line with the National Information Security Framework (NISF).
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 28th August 2016 by 17.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline