Job Title: M&E Officer
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: DREAMS Project Coordinator
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute - Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The M&E Officer will manage the day-to-day operations of the DREAMS Project M&E activities.
- Offer operational and technical support to DREAMS Project staff regarding M&E activities.
- Prepare and submit progressive reports to relevant people at the required intervals.
- Plan out a monitoring schedule for the DREAMS projects.
- In charge of the implementation of quality improvement for the DREAMS project.
- Data management oversight including oversight on data collection, entry, and data quality control in collaboration with the RHSP QC department
- Ensure presence of appropriate HMIS forms
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a BSTAT or BSc. Quantitative Economics or Bsc. MES (Hons).
- Applicant should have obtained at least a principle pass grade “C" in Mathematics at A’ Level.
- A minimum of two years of M&E experience
- Previous experience in data management using SQL-SERVER, Fox Pro or Ms Access.
- Working knowledge of National Health information systems (paper-based and electronic) DHIS possession of a post graduate Degree in M&E is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Willing to work and reside in a rural setting of Rakai District
- Ability to ride a motor cycle
- Available to start work immediately.
- Recommendation from current/previous employer/supervisor
- Applicants with experience working with Orphans & Vulnerable Children/ HIV Testing and Counseling/ Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision I Antiretroviral Therapy stand an added advantage.
- Age: Between 25-40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline