Job Title: Legal Officer
Organisation: American Refugee Committee (ARC) International
Duty Station: Uganda
The American Refugee Committee (ARC) International is an International nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that provides humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries around the world. The ARC seeks to promote peaceful and safe communities where men and women have equal rights and communities can access locally owned, high-quality services.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer is responsible for monitoring the general security situation and follow up on the structures entrusted with security watch in the settlement, monitoring community structures in handling cases within their jurisdiction, accompany persons of concern/ witnesses to courts of judicature in case of any matter, periodically visit detention centers and monitor the welfare of the detained and ensure justice is realized, Providing legal counseling to persons of concern, cooperating with the police and other implementing partners in monitoring crime and providing periodical reports regarding the same.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the American Refugee Committee (ARC) International Legal Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Diploma in Law
- A minimum of two years’ experience in working with IDPs, Asylum seekers, refugees and stateless persons.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive interviews and provide accurate assessments
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Knowledge of Kiswahili, local language of the population and Kinyarwanda
- Must be able to ride with a valid license.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an application letter, updated CV & copies of academic documents via email only to UGjobs@arcrelief.org addressed to The Human Resources Manager American Refugee Committee International Kampala.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline