Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Organization: St. Rita Medical Center, Kiwenda
Duty Station: Gayaza, Wakiso, Uganda
St. Rita Medical Center is a private not-for-profit health facility located in Kiwenda, Gayaza.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works closely with ward manager in the preparation of patients for laboratory tests.
· Participates in the proper collection, handling and transportation of specimens to the laboratory.
· Actively participates in safety assurance to laboratories.
· Conducts laboratory analysis, interprets results and submits reports to Clinicians.
· In charge of sending requisitions for equipment and other supplies.
· Ensures that equipment is functional and well maintained.
· Manages and accounts for allocated resources.
· Ensures safety measures against hazards.
· Participates in research.
· Adheres to the relevant Codes of Conduct and Ethics.
· Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants must hold National Diplomas in Medical Laboratory Techniques or its equivalent from a recognized Institution. (Laboratory Assistants with competitive skills may also apply)
· The applicants must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
· At least two years’ experience as a Laboratory Technician.
· Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
· Good interpersonal skills and qualities.
· Must be self-motivated, have high integrity and be ready to start immediately
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a typed letter of application together with current curriculum vitae showing details of your address and contact plus copies of certificates with two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact +256 704 146730 and / or +256 701 032 850 for more information.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 2nd September, 2016
For more of the latest Ugandan jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline