Job Title: IT System Support Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: System Administrator
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The IT System Support Officer will offer support to address the availability and reliability of IT infrastructure systems within the organization. Operational responsibilities include remediation of system issues, system compliance responsibilities, system run enhancement testing and staging, policy/procedure enhancements and adherence, customer contact coordination.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Conduct regular security monitoring to identify any possible instructions.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recover tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site necessary.
· Carry out regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts as per request
· Provide tier III/Other support per request from various users, investigate and trouble shoot users.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
· Coordinate and communicate with impacted users
· Apply OS patches and upgrade on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary
· Upgrade and configure system software that supports business applications or engineering applications per project or operational needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Umeme IT System Support Officer job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent.
· At least two years’ system administration experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the application E-mail.
Deadline: 1st September 2016 by 5:00 PM