Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute - Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will conduct the HR functions with special focus on recruitment/appointments, contract terms and conditions of service, staff welfare /benefit management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the staff appraisal process, including sending appraisal forms to the various users, providing technical guidance to appraisers as required, analyzing the forms when filled, preparing summary reports on the appraisals in line with the HR policies.
- Assists the Human Resource Manager in monitoring staffing situation in the program by reviewing staff levels, identify staff gaps, and compile data on vacancies and other inadequacies
- Implement and monitor staff recruitment and deployment
- Maintain a record of impending staff retirements, and plan for timely replacements
- Manage staff leave schedules and database.
- Actively participate in staff development/Trainings
- Assist in attending to individual staff problems, grievances and concerns.
- Assist in updating Job Descriptions and renewing staff contracts
- Perform administrative duties in the HR office that may include but not limited to filling, organizing and representation in departmental meetings.
- Maintain HR records and information on the HR databases.
- Coordinate staff Medical, IDs and Welfare activities as required including workman’s compensation insurance cover.
- Process HR related payments.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management. Possession of a post graduate degree in Human Resource management
- Valid registration with HRMAU is an added advantage
- At least two years relevant work experience in HR Management and/or Office Administration.
- Excellent planning, organizational and implementation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good records management skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Navision is an added advantage
NB: This is a re-advertisement. Those who applied earlier need not re-apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th August 2016