Job Title: Debt Collector
Organization: IMK Business Consultants (IMK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
IMK Business Consultants (IMK) is a Business management consulting firm offering practical and feasible business solutions. IMK operates regionally in four East African countries namely; Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya and Rwanda; with other occasional consultancies made world over to our clients in Europe and other parts of the world. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of Talent, HR and Business development services by ensuring quality work to our clients and having experienced competent professionals with the best practical tailor made solutions/training skills to our important asset-THE CLIENT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Debt Collector will consistently, efficiently, and lawfully contact consumers and collect on and manage a route of deficiency balance accounts.
- Professionally and respectfully persuade consumers to pay in an effort to set up payment arrangements and settlements on deficiency balance accounts while aiding in resolving negative credit history reporting for our consumers.
- Ensure the information we depend on to contact and collect from these consumers is accurately maintained.
- Support additional consumer service requests.
- The incumbent will persuade customers to resolve their accounts within the payment and settlement criteria for Internal Collections. Update Contact Information. While speaking with consumers you will work to identify additional contact information.
- The jobholder will need to remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
- The incumbent will need to be open to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a High school diploma.
- Prior exposure and experience in any position where you had to demonstrate excellent persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Previous customer service and/or collection experience.
- Previous experience in automotive industry preferred.
- Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Communicate clearly and objectively; do not be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
- Flexibility: Should be flexible to travelling up country to follow up on the outstanding invoices.
- Listening: When speaking to a debtor, to help determining the situations properly.
- Negotiation: Working with debtors to start some sort of payment plan, or outright repayment of a debt requires good negotiation skills.
- Speaking: Debt collectors spend most of their time on the phone talking with debtors. Being a good speaker is useful.
- Persistence in following up as some debtors do not want to be found, or may not be responsive when called by a debt collector.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their personal suitability statement, copies of academic transcripts/certificates and a detailed CV to: The Recruitment Manager, IMK Business Consultants, P.O. Box 35090 Kampala, Uganda or via email to email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify the position title as subject of the E-mail.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for future related jobs openings.
Deadline: 29th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline