Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: US Embassy Uganda FSN SACCO Ltd (USESA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
US Embassy Uganda FSN SACCO Ltd (USESA) was established in 1994 as a Staff Association with the name, Foreign Service Nationals (FSN) Uganda Savings and Credit Cooperative (SACCO). The SACCO’s membership has grown from 187 members in 2004 to 380 in June 2015, with a total assets base of UGX 7 billion, equity of UGX 1.6 billion and has been growing at a rate of 10%-15% per annum.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will offer administrative support to the USESA operations. The incumbent will be responsible for the day to day administrative roles including but not limited to office support activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The applicant will serve as a first customer service point of contact.
· Receive member applications and requests. These include but are not limited to loan applications, savings withdraws, statement requests and general inquiries.
· Maintain an up to date members’ database.
· The jobholder will deliver documents to signatories as and when required.
· Efficient filing and safe record keeping of the Entity’s and members’ documents.
· Manage and maintain fixed asset register and depreciation records.
· Attend monthly board meetings, take notes and disseminate minutes.
· Offer timely support to the board secretariat to organise AGMs, meetings and issue notices to members.
· Keep the office in clean, organised and good order.
· Perform any other duties assigned by supervisors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University degree in business administration or closely related field.
· At least two years’ experience in administrative work or related field.
· An organised approach
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to take ownership of one's own work.
· Proven ability to work well as part of the team.
· Computer literacy and good keyboard skills.
· Excellent command of both written and spoken English
· Keen attention to detail.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying, a current detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcript and certificates plus names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 9th September, 2016.