Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Eleglance Finance Ltd
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
Eleglance Finance Ltd is a fully licensed financial institution licensed by the Bank of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Accountant will ensure and provide accurate and timely financial and statistical information required by management to make day to day and short term decisions. The incumbent will keep track and control all income and expenditure, assets and obligations of EFL as well as comply with all statutory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Statutory Accounts and Audit:
- Enters and records financial information that allows the preparation and presentation of the financial condition of the company in accordance with international accounting standards. Assist in obtaining response to management letter issues after audit.
- Facilitate the preparation of the reports and information needed for the external auditors to conduct interim and final audits.
2. Budgeting, budgetary control and analysis:
- Support the MD in preparation of accurate and timely forecasts and variance reports.
- Regularly monitors that all expenditures are according to budget.
- Advises on cost control mechanisms in the event of negative budget variances.
3. Payments – preparation of Cheque / Cash/Savings account payments:
- Preparation of payment vouchers and verification of documentation prior to disbursements. Handling petty cash payments and monitoring of petty cash balances.
- Follow up on accountability for advances to staff and prepare an updated schedule
- Proper filing- of all payment vouchers and support documents in chronological order.
4. Management reporting;
- Preparation of the daily performance monitoring report
- Summarises current financial status by preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement e.t.c All reporting as determined from time to time by management or board of trustees
5. Payroll and Staff Benefits:
- In charge of the preparation of the payroll, posting of staff salaries and benefits
- Preparation and posting of salary advances and staff loans in strict conformity with policies and procedures.
- Maintain an updated schedule of outstanding staff advances.
6. Preparation of Tax returns relating to Withholding tax for suppliers, investments and savers, Stamp duty , LST etc. and provision of data for Corporation tax computation – provisional and final e,g asset additions.
7. Fixed assets management:
- Maintaining of itemized asset register per EFL branch as well as the general consolidated one. Identification of items for disposal and and maintaining a register of the same
- Identification of additions and maintaining a register of the same. Doing physical verification of assets i.e stock taking on a quarterly basis.
8. Receipts, Banking and Reconciliation:
- Cash in Vault /treasury verification, receiving cash certificates Posting of inter branch receipts - receipts written from other locations.
- Ensure teller accounts are reconciles to zero and follow up on any shortages or overages.
9. Bank Reconciliations:
- Reconciling all bank accounts.
- Review Daily bank statements against bank ledgers for reconciliation purposes
- Prepare monthly Bank Ledgers for reconciliation Monitor and effect changes in bank account signatories and agents
10. Maintains financial Security by following the established internal control system.
11. Provide coaching, mentoring and support to EFL Branch Operations (Branch Support) Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, commerce/business administration/economics, major in accounting being a desirable; from a reputable university or any other related course. Fresh graduate with little or no experience in accounting.
- Computer literacy skills
- Knowledge of related accounting principles, and tax laws
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory banking compliance regulations is an added advantage Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Self-driven and result - oriented
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behaviour.
- Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spread sheets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the clients and other staff.
- A mature Female individual aged between 22 – 25 years
- Good practical knowledge of commonly used computer software like Ms. Word, Excel with strong oral communication skills
- Languages; English is a priority; Langi and any other language is an added advantage. Any other related field
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, updated curriculum vita, current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including contacts and details of at least three professional referees to: email@example.com
NB: Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in subject on E-mail.
Deadline: 21st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline