Job Title: Flight Operations Inspector
Organization: Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/04/2016
Reports to: Principal Flight Operations Inspector
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following positions in its establishment.
Job Summary: The Flight Operations Inspector will ensure progressive raising of the technical standards of private and professional flight crew through the implementation of the appropriate ICAO licensing standards and recommendations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Delivering In-Flight Flight Operation Activities:
- Examines and reviews procedures submitted by operators on application for the issue or renewal of Air Operator's Certificate.
- Approves operations and training manuals of air operators.
- Examines submitted manuals while referring to CAA and ICAO guidelines.
- Originates aeronautical information circulars and disseminates them.
- Flight tests pilots for the following:
- Issue or PPLs and CPLs
- Instruments ratings
- Instructor and Assistant Instructor Ratings
- Type Ratings
- Flight Engineers licences
- Periodic Flight Tests
- Issues and renewals of Certificate of Airworthiness (Cs of As)
- Performance evaluations
- Carries out oral examinations for issuance and renewal of Instructor and Assistant Instructor Ratings.
- Checks and signs licenses plus validations.
- Administers Aviation Regulations with particular reference to Personnel Licensing, Flight Time Limitations, Displays and Air Rallies, Performance of Aircraft and Safety Equipment.
- Supervises flying club activities, agricultural aviation, parachuting clubs and Training Schools.
- Inspects Commercial Operators routinely.
- Maintains proficiency on relevant aircraft and technical proficiency on relevant aircraft.
- Flight tests for Certificate of Airworthiness.
- Develops instrument let down procedures in conjunction with Principal Flight Operations Officer -Ground.
- Produces Flight Manual Performance Charts in consultation with Principal Flight Operations Officer -Ground.
- Prepares Flight Safety Circulars in consultation with Principal Flight Operations Officer -Ground.
- Investigates breaches of Regulations.
- Flies the CAA aircraft on inspection visits, air navigation calibrations.
- Approves Operations Manuals and Load Sheet.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Flight Operations Inspector job opportunity should hold an honours degree in Electronic, Electrical Engineering, or in IT and a Pilot with at least ATPL, safety oversight inspections and flight operations inspections training and experience and
- The license must be current and must have been a pilot in-command of at least one of the largest aircrafts on Uganda’s Civil Aircraft Register and
- A minimum of 3000 total flying hours in airline or civil aviation organization.
- Possession of a Flight Examiner’s Course and an Instructor's rating will be desirable.
- Computer literacy skills
- Should be well conversant with relevant ICAO SARPs.
- Age: Between 28 to 40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who desire to join the aviation industry should send their hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates plus transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. BOX 5536, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline