Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF) is the premier non-profit organization that works to strengthen laboratory quality management systems leading to improved quality testing and accreditation of laboratories to internationally recognized standards. AGHPF works internationally providing technical assistance to develop effective diagnostic, research and public health laboratory systems and expand access to quality diagnostic testing services. A GHPF is a nonprofit dedicated to improving lives of children; women, men and their communities by enabling them reach their full health potential by providing humanitarian assistance to desperately needy people and communities most affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will ensure that the Project’s financial resources are adequate, well managed and properly utilized and accounted for during the implementation of the planned activities according to the set procedures and guidelines of the Foundation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll, as per the Foundation’s and donor regulations.
· Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports
· Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
· Manages the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
· Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
· Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
· Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
· Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
· Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
· Keenly reviews financial statements with management personnel.
· Manages the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls
· Make sure there is total adherence to the system by all finance and accounts personnel at various levels, and by users of financial resources
· Ensure timely compilation and submission of statutory financial returns and related financial management reports.
· Ensure timely submission of financial statements/returns and avail all records to internal and external auditors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Finance Manager job opportunity should hold a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree in Finance and Accounts or Masters in Business Administration or Full professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA
· Must be a member of CPA(U) or ACCA
· At least ten years of progressive practical experience in financial management with NGOs.
· Broad knowledge of USG/USAID/CDC regulations is an added advantage.
· Must be computer literate and demonstrate an above average understanding in working with QuickBooks, Sage, Pastel or any other accounting software. Knowledge of Microsoft Office mandatory.
· High standards of personal integrity and professional work skills.
· Ability to plan and organize work within a project and ability to make timely decisions.
· Effective written, oral and presentation skills.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision in a high pressure and complex environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and set priorities to meet timelines.
· Personal Competencies: Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Initiative, Learning Orientation, Flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications by to email@example.com including a cover letter, updated C.V and full details of three professional referees (including their contacts).
Please indicate the Job title as the subject of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within one week after the close of the application period.
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline