Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Kagga & Partners (KAGGA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kagga & Partners (KAGGA) is a leading consulting firm in Engineering and Management. Since its formation in 1974 by Eng. Abdu S. Kagga, KAGGA has successfully executed a large number of consultancy assignments, not only in Uganda but also in East, Central and Southern Africa including Tanzania, Eritrea, Rwanda, Malawi, Swaziland, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan and Mozambique.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective business leadership that motivates the Finance team to deliver on the Finance Support Unit’s (SU’s) performance targets.
- Prepare periodic financial management reports for EXCO and the Board
- Develop and implement a business strategy for the Finance SU that is aligned to the Corporate Services strategy and supports the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and SUs deliver on their strategies and business objectives.
- Offer technical support in the budgeting process at corporate and unit levels.
- Manage the implementation of the Board approved budget and provide accountability.
- Actively participate in updating and ensuring compliance of the approved financial policies and procedures by all staff.
- Offer support to the External Auditors during audits.
- Ensure compliance to the company’s Quality Management and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) policies.
- Keenly monitor and prepare periodic performance updates of the implementation of the Finance strategy and present reports to the Head of Corporate Services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Finance Manager must hold a University Degree from a recognised Institution.
- A full member of a professional accounting qualification is an advantage
- At least five years’ experience working in an accounting environment of a reputable organisation.
- Working knowledge of a computerised accounting software
- Ability to think at a strategic level
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work with and through multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to drive and deliver set results
- Ability to pursue high standards of excellence in line with agreed policies and practices
- Ability to identify and provide opportunities that enable others reach their full potential
- Ability to network, synergise and negotiate
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 15th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline