Job Title: Finance Assistant
Organisation: A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF) is the premier non-profit organization that works to strengthen laboratory quality management systems leading to improved quality testing and accreditation of laboratories to internationally recognized standards. AGHPF works internationally providing technical assistance to develop effective diagnostic, research and public health laboratory systems and expand access to quality diagnostic testing services. A GHPF is a nonprofit dedicated to improving lives of children; women, men and their communities by enabling them reach their full health potential by providing humanitarian assistance to desperately needy people and communities most affected by HIV/AIDS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists in management of bank accounts and petty cash.
· Coordinating banking activities including the deposit of funds and the withdrawals, ensuring that necessary documents are produced and availed to the bank/office.
· In charge of processing vendor payments and settling statutory obligations and making returns.
· Verifying the accuracy and completeness of supplier invoices and contracts before making payments.
· Capture data into the accounting system and submission of monthly management reports to Finance Manager.
· Managing staff travel advances.
· Accounting for funds and preparing financial reports as per the Foundation’s and donor regulations.
· Ensure that financial controls and procedures are applied in all financial transactions as per the Foundation’s and donor regulations.
· Responsible for the day-to-day office administration, including following-up and ensuring utilities are paid (telephone, electricity, water etc.)
· Actively participate in the annual and monthly budgeting process for the project, ensuring proper administration of the office budget, as well as cash management.
· Supporting financial aspects of logistics, HR and Administrative related issues.
· Offer support in the preparation of annual and quarterly audit documents.
· Performing any other duties relevant to this position as may be assigned from time to time by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Finance Assistant career opportunity should hold a Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or relevant area
· Minimum of CPA Level 1
· At least three years of progressive practical experience in administration, office management, accounting, finance and budgeting in a busy office or NGO.
· Working knowledge of USG/USAID/CDC regulations is an added advantage.
· Computer literate and demonstrate an above average understanding in working with QuickBooks, Sage, Pastel or any other accounting software. Knowledge of Microsoft Office mandatory.
· High standards of personal integrity and professional work skills.
· Ability to plan and organize work within a project and ability to make timely decisions.
· Effective written, oral and presentation skills.
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a high pressure and complex environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good team player.
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and set priorities to meet timelines.
· Personal Competencies: Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Initiative, Learning Orientation, Flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications by to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter, updated C.V and full details of three professional referees (including their contacts).
Please indicate the Job title as the subject of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within one week after the close of the application period.
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline