Job Title: Finance and Systems Manager
Organisation: Vredeseilanden (VECO)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Representative and Uganda Programme Coordinator
Vredeseilanden (VECO) is a Belgian NGO working in 16 countries globally. VECO’s Mission is to enable and support smallholder farmers to take up their role in rural poverty alleviation and to contribute to feeding a growing world population in a sustainable way.
Job Summary: The Finance and Systems Manager will contribute to the successful implementation of VECO East Africa Strategy by ensuring VECO Uganda financial systems deliver high quality information for all stakeholders that enhances VECO East Africa’s reputation as an accountable and effective agricultural markets innovator in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of the Regional Management Team contribute to VECO EA strategy development
- Work closely with the Uganda team to support the effective delivery of the Uganda programme
- Perform daily bookkeeping tasks and monthly integration of financial information from antenna offices and partners for the Uganda programme.
- The incumbent will support antenna offices and partners to develop their capacity in financial record keeping and reporting
- Prepare Uganda programme financial documents and ensure compliance with VECO EA Finance Manual and donor regulations
- Assist the Uganda Programme Coordinator in their monthly review of documents and quick resolution of any problems
- Ensure high quality reports produced to enable effective monthly monitoring of resource use including grants to partners for the Uganda programme
- Ensure high quality reports on Uganda programme expenduture for Head Office, external audit and for donors.
- Support Uganda programme teams to conduct high quality planning and budgeting processes
- Work closely with Uganda Programme Coordinator to monitor Uganda cashflows effectively and ensure continuity of programme operations in Uganda
- Work with the Tanzania Finance and Systems Manager to improve financial systems in Uganda and Tanzania, with guidance from the Regional Representative and VECO Belgium Finance staff
- Ensure that financial management risks are managed well and any potential risks are communicated immediately to the Uganda Programme Coordinator and the Regional Representative
- Ensure that VECO Uganda is compliant with all laws including labour laws
- Line Management of Administrative Assistant supporting them to effectively deliver support to the team on procurement and management of assets/vehicles/inventory
Key Performance Indicators:
- High quality financial analysis and reports
- Compliance with VECO EA Finance Manual and donor regulations e.g. no disallowed expenditure, value for money in procurement
- Financial systems improved e.g. automation of reports, integrity of financial data
- Monthly and quarterly planning and reporting processes which enables effective decision making
- VECO programme is well known for its financial management excellence
- VECO Uganda remains compliant with all laws e.g. NGO registration, labour law
- Procurement processes are completed in line with policy and expected standards
- Assets/vehicle/inventory management is in line with policy and expected standard
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be a qualified Accountant or equivalent by experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience in accounting position at country level.
- Good knowledge of relevant PC software.
- Knowledge of Navision is an asset
- International NGO experience is an added advantage
- Knows key concepts and tools in HRM
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with a minimum of supervision.
- Is reliable, accurate and respects deadlines
- Excellent cross-cultural communicator and active listener
- Positive can-do attitude
- Has a strong affinity with VECO mission and values
- Have a positive attitude focussed on win-win solutions
- Acts with integrity and respects others
- Constructively challenges self and others
- Can be relied on to deliver commitments
- Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team, fosters open dialogue and shares successes
- Inspires people to act
- Fluent in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application and Curriculum Vitae to the Regional Representative, VECO East Africa through: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline