Job Title: Field Coordinator – Northern Uganda
Organization: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years, ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Field Coordinator -Adjumani (Northern Uganda) is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of programme and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate ACF Country Strategy implementation at field level:
- Actively participate in the development and update of the country strategy by providing information from the field.
- Ensure implementation of the country strategy at field level in collaboration with the Technical Coordinators and Program Managers.
Coordinate the overall implementation of programs at field level
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of planned projects.
- Coordinate the development of new projects in the intervention area in collaboration with the Technical Coordinators and Program Managers.
Manage the team at field level
- Supervise and manage the team members under direct responsibility.
- Participate in the recruitment of the direct team.
- Monitor the social climate in the field and alert the Country Director and the HR Coordinator in case of difficulties or social demands.
Facilitate good relations with the Coordination team
- Maintain the Coordination team informed on the implementation development of programs.
- Request support from coordination team for any issues that could jeopardize programs, findings or security of staff or equipment.
- Ensure the field teams request regular support to the coordination team in order to maximize operational effectiveness and impact of programs.
Represent ACF and liaise with regional authorities, UN, NGOs at field and regional level
- Coordinate and oversee all partnerships in the area of intervention.
- Promotion and defence of humanitarian and ACF principals towards all stakeholders.
- Actively participate to humanitarian coordination activities in the area of intervention.
Provide reporting and communication
- Coordinate the reporting activities of Field Program Managers in compliance with ACF standards and donor requirements (type and quality of information).
- Coordinate the establishment of a system of “lessons learned” about programs to provide information to conduct advocacy activities.
- Implement good communication practices in the area of intervention.
- Follow the evolution of security in the area through networking, data collection and analysis of information.
- Maintain an effective network with local partners on contextual and security matters.
- Write the local security plan in collaboration with the security responsibles at field level and send it to the Logistics Coordinator
Oversee and ensure the smooth operations of the support functions: The field coordinator is responsible for Logistics, Finance and Human Resources:
- Manage the financial, logistics and HR activities through monitoring and analysis of the indicators.
- Ensure compliance with financial, logistics and HR procedures.
- Plan financial, logistical and HR needs on the base and communicate them to the coordination according to ACF formats and deadlines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Action Against Hunger (ACF)Field Coordinator job placement should hold a University/Master’s degree in connection with ACF activities.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- One year of previous experience in an NGO in managerial position.
- Previous experience in coordination of a base and in positions of significant responsibility.
- Prior experience in security and safety management in unstable environments.
- Ability to manage the day to day activities, organizing, training and motivating a multicultural team.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required
- Good understanding of financial and HR procedures required
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, Logistics, Finance &projects)
- Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Solid understanding of the project cycle.
- Ability to manage and implement a mechanism for continuous monitoring of operations in order to increase quality and identify/mitigate risks associated with programs implementation.
- Able to write and synthesize information and ideas.
- Able to analyze a situation, its challenges, and make decisions.
- Ability to organize and manage priorities.
- Analytical reading and critical thought processes,
- Able to evaluate financial information, logistics, human resources and technical activities.
- Ability to analyze & understand the local context (security, humanitarian, social climate).
- Ability to focus and understand the local cultural characteristics and adapt his/her speech and posture according to all interlocutors.
- Ability to communicate the right information to the right people.
- Ability to support staff around common issues and improve team performance.
- Able to place ACF vis-à-vis with other humanitarian actors in the field.
- Able to apply and enforce ACF principles and humanitarian values in the field.
- Good English language skills, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBS. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Address your email application to: email@example.com mentioning “Field Coordinator-Northern Uganda” in the subject line.
Deadline: 15th August 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline