Job Title: Field Accountant
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Field Accountant will provide accounting and financial reporting support to the cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards and liaise with the Senior Finance Officer on all financial matters relating to the region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide accounting and financial reporting support to the cluster staff and maintain
· High quality, accurate and reliable financial information.
· Assist in cluster budgets management and compliance with the cluster’s Plan of Action and log frames
· Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual
· Prepare and maintain source books of accounts in compliance with WVU policies
· Actively participate in monthly discussions of the financial reports with the cluster team every month
· Allocate various expenses to Cost Centre accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation policy (CAL)
· Comprehend current grant (Government, Multilateral & PNS) reporting procedures while working to maximize reporting efficiencies.
· Coordinate day to day office operations relating to procurement processes, procedures and suppliers’ transactions (accounts payable)
· Support Senior Finance Officer will prepare for periodic audit calls, provide both Internal and External Auditors with documentation and analyses in response to requests for financial information
· Support the Senior Finance Officer to carry out staff trainings geared towards grants & PNS accounting, management and compliance
· Assist Senior Finance Officer with miscellaneous cluster activities as they arise. These activities may consist of, budget preparation and analysis, month end, internal and quarterly financial reporting, and monthly accounts reconciliations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Field Accountant employee should hold a university Degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing and or a full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
· At least three years’ post qualification experience.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
· Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
· Previous experience of managing grants from Major donors desired
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
· A high level of integrity and attention to detail is required.
· Ability to manage multiple fund types (sponsorship, private non sponsorship, and government, multilateral and local income) in addition to having an overall stewardship virtue to control integrated activities.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline