Job Title: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Executive Director will mainly be responsible for managing respective departments and sections towards achievement of their primary objectives, based on efficiency and effectiveness
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In liaison with the CEO, support in the formulation and implementation of Business strategy, providing oversight on business operations and in the preparation of strategic plans
- Work closely with the CEO and Heads of Department / Supervisors in developing an annual operational plan with the tactical team to guide in achieving its objectives and ensure business growth
- Mentor and supervise the Credit & Operations, Business Growth and Development Departments/ functions.
- Responsible for Performance Management, Evaluation and Control
- Work with the CEO to coordinate, monitor and supervise all activities in UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Network
- Study the trends in the industry and advise CEO and management on the strategies to adopt in the order to sustain UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)’s core business goals and expand its operations in a sustainable and effective manner
- Guide the Chief Executive Officer on suitable approaches to resolving potential threats or over comings in the requirements for compliance with industry regulations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, masters in Finance and banking and other related field from a reputable university,
- At least six years’ experience in senior management position in a financial institution.
- Candidates with direct microfinance and banking experience and professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, and ICSA will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have strong understanding of regulatory compliance, commercial loan operations, loan processing, quality assurance and loan servicing
- Broad knowledge of the principles, practices and legal issues relating to staff supervision and performance management, strategic planning and budget administration
- Be a good team leader with superb attention to detail, a good communicator with unquestionable character and good interpersonal skills
- The applicant must be mature, intelligent, diligent with strong work ethics
- Possess a good personality and dynamism
- Age: Between 35-48 years
How to Apply:
The ideal candidate should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up-to-date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline