Job Title: Executive Assistant/Receptionist
Organisation: Send a Cow (SAC) UK
Duty Station: Kampala,Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Send a Cow (SAC) was founded in the UK in 1988 to help transform lives, by helping African families and orphans to grow enough food to eat, sell their produce and develop small businesses that last. They have provided livestock, seeds, training and ongoing support, to help over a million lives and their families that live in abject poverty. The Send a Cow Group currently constitutes Country Programmes in seven African countries plus the UK and USA, together with a Group Executive which is based in the UK.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant/Receptionist will support the administrative function at the Uganda Country Office by providing secretarial and related administrative support to the Country Office. The incumbent will also provide courteous front-line services for the Kampala Office and Send a Cow Uganda and ensure effective operation of the switchboard so as to enhance the good image of the Kampala Office and Send a Cow Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Country Director in managing all his appointments and documentation.
- Set up and maintain a filling system for all departments at the Country Office.
- In charge of tracking communication with the Country Office.
- Assist the Country Director and the Finance & Administration Manager in organizing Office meetings and take minutes thereof.
- Support managers and staff to make official telephone calls and where applicable respond to communication.
- Making follow-ups of the Country Director and the Finance & Administration Manager programmes and activities.
- Draw up lists and budgets of office supplies requirements and submit them to administration.
- Responsible for typing of reports and other official documents for the managers.
- Receive incoming and outgoing telephone calls as and when required.
- Keenly review monthly telephone bill and apportion the telephone bill according to users.
- Receive and attend to visitors whilst they await appointments.
- Receive documents, which may be delivered to the office, ensuring that these are distributed to the respective addressee.
- Manage the maintenance of the switchboard system, notifying the service providers immediately of any problems with the telephone lines or with the operating system.
- Ensure that the reception area and the entire office is kept neat and tidy so as to maintain the good image of the organisation.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for this placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related field
- A minimum of three years of related administrative experience
- Working knowledge of office switchboard systems is desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team player.
- Highly flexible.
- Applicants should also have empathy with Send a Cow’s Christian foundation and core values
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to submit the following documents as they apply:
- Complete SAC Application Form, download here
- Submit ‘three key achievements’ according to instructions, download here
Send the completed documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th August, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline