Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant - Stores/Transport
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Assistant - Stores/Transport is mainly responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all transport, fleet, and equipment management functions also responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all warehousing and inventory management functions for IRC’s office in Karamoja Region. The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and good warehousing/fleet management practices across all the field sites and will require regular travel to provide technical support to the field-based warehouse staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Officer to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- The jobholder will evaluate, manage and monitor drivers.
- Supervision of IRC mechanics and general management of vehicle spare part stores and garage
- Act as the focal point for all purchases in Transport department. Raising PRs for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs.
- Manage the vehicle pool (if applicable).
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining daily checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles log books are accurately filled
- Conduct regular training to all drivers on basic vehicle mechanic skills, daily vehicle inspection, drills on safety driving, defensive driving, use of Codans, etc.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Officer to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Guide the Supply Chain officer of potential inventory shortages, warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports. Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Officer to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Officer in a timely manner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in Supply chain Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Business Management or related field.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in store and transport
- Broad knowledge of generic transport procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with North Eastern Uganda route.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Mechanical background is an added advantage
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating the position applied for to: The Country HR and Administration Manager, International Rescue Committee, P.O. Box 24672 Kampala; OR
Email to: UA-IRCJobs@Rescue.org
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline