Job Title: Midwife
Organization: St. Rita Medical Center, Kiwenda
Duty Station: Gayaza, Wakiso, Uganda
St. Rita Medical Center is a private not-for-profit health facility located in Kiwenda, Gayaza.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Takes part in a continuous nursing coverage on Wards/Units by receiving reports and effectively handing over to in-coming shift.
· The incumbent will provide comprehensive care to mothers during pregnancy with emphasis on identifying high risk cases and refers them to Doctors.
· Ensures that aseptic techniques re adhered to in carrying out deliveries.
· Provides comprehensive care to mothers during labour with emphasis on keeping proper records, use of drugs and prevention of complication to mothers and babies.
· Ensures that the babies’ air passages are clear, assess and keep baby warm constantly watch the umbilical cord and carry out immunization.
· Ensure that the babies are properly labeled a with an identification tag.
· Provides comprehensive care to mothers during pregnancy with emphasis on prevention of infection and successful breast-feeding and infant nutrition.
· Adheres to the relevant Codes of Conduct and Ethics.
· Provides Obstetrical emergency care and refer complicated cases to the Doctor.
· The incumbent registers births of the newborns.
· Maintains close contact with patients.
· Ensures confidentiality.
· Receives patients, registers admissions and discharges.
· Participates in Primary Health Care activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should preferably hold a Certificate of Enrolment in Midwifery from a recognized Institution.
· The Enrolled midwives must be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
· A minimum of two years of related experience in a non-profit organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a typed letter of application together with current curriculum vitae showing details of your address and contact plus copies of certificates with two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact +256 704 146730 and / or +256 701 032 850 for more information.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 2nd September, 2016
For more of the latest Ugandan jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline