Job Title: Medical Detailer
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Plan and achieve monthly sales targets by doing the following:-
- Effectively detailing, training and marketing the assigned range of pharma products to healthcare providers for prescription and use.
- List all doctors, medical service providers, pharmacies in the territory
- The incumbent will achieve maximum productivity by preparing efficient and effective route plans that cover required number of existing and new customers on daily basis
- Actively promote company’s entire range of products among the doctors/medical practitioners/ pharmacies by highlighting special features/benefits of the products, its proven efficacy, new research and clinical findings through one on one detailing and group meetings
- Ensure visibility of company’s products at the outlets, display of company’s communications materials at the outlets/doctors chambers/clinics/hospitals
- Book orders from doctors/private service providers, pharmacies, wholesalers, chain stores, hospitals, private clinics, NGOs.
- Ensure adequate availability/visibility on their shelves.
- Work closely with and coordinate with distributors and uplift stock and ensure delivery of booked orders to the customers.
- Collect and report information on competitors’ products and activities.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports as per the specified format
- Attend trainings from time to time and develop competencies required for being a more effective salesperson
- Build and maintain relationship with local influential and opinion leaders on behalf of the company
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Degree in Biological Sciences, Biomedical sciences /Biochemistry/ Dip in relevant medical field.
- At least two years’ experience with robust pharmaceutical sales and specialisation in sales or marketing of health products.
- Additional training in Pharmaceutical marketing will be an advantage
- Significant knowledge in Family planning and Pharmaceutical sector in Uganda
- Hold a Valid driving licence
- Hard working and persuasive
- Quick decision making and highly intelligent
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good customer management skills
- Flair for sales
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome.
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands.
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
The Medical Detailer is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
- Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
- Equality of opportunity and access
- Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Select Medical Detailer
Deadline: 5th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline