Job Title: Education Advisor
Organization: Embassy of Ireland in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Head of Co-operation
The Embassy of Ireland is a diplomatic mission that represents the economic, political, cultural and social interests of the Government of Ireland in Uganda. It is responsible for implementing and overseeing Irish Aid Uganda Development Programme, catering for the consular needs of Irish citizens in Uganda and promoting cultural interaction between Ireland and Uganda.
Job Summary: The Education Advisor will manage the implementation of the Embassy’s education programme in accordance with agreed institutional standards of programme/ grant management and will lead on the Embassy’s engagement in national level policy dialogue with Government and other key stakeholders as well as other external representation as required. In addition, the advisor will be required to keep up to date on key issues emerging locally, regionally and globally in the education sector; provide quality and timely briefing to management; work with colleagues to ensure that key cross-cutting issues such as gender quality and HIV are integrated into the education programme; ensure that learning from the Karamoja programme is documented and shared at a national level as well as identify key strategic research gaps.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Irish Embassy Education Advisor career vacancy should hold a basic degree in any of the following disciplines education; social sciences, community development, economics, development studies, management and a relevant post graduate degree.
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in a similar role with a bi-lateral, multi -lateral organisation, Government or NGO.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the national, regional and global education context.
· Strong programme planning, management and monitoring skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to work as part of a team and in partnership with other stakeholders;
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Embassy should apply by forwarding a covering letter of not more than two pages which demonstrates relevant experience. The letter should be accompanied by your Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages) detailing qualifications and work experience to date. Please note that the specified page limits will be strictly enforced and any excess pages will be disregarded in appraising your application. The complete applications should be sent via Email only to: Recruitment.Kampala@dfa.ie.
Deadline: 5th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline