Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Send a Cow (SAC) UK
Project Name: Agriculture - The Busoga Disability Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Send a Cow (SAC) was founded in the UK in 1988 to help transform lives, by helping African families and orphans to grow enough food to eat, sell their produce and develop small businesses that last. They have provided livestock, seeds, training and ongoing support, to help over a million lives and their families that live in abject poverty. The Send a Cow Group currently constitutes Country Programmes in seven African countries plus the UK and USA, together with a Group Executive which is based in the UK.
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive and transport authorized passengers, goods and services (information) and ensure the suitable mechanical condition of the vehicle at all times is in line with Send a Cow policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive SACU vehicles to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails to specified places and offices in line with the Organizational policies.
- Regularly monitor the provision of security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with the SACU vehicle policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third party insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc prior to any journey in line with the vehicle policy.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the vehicle policy.
- Conduct regular vehicle checks and repairs e.g. (correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc in line with the Organization policy.
- Provide support to field staff carrying out field surveys and evaluations in line with the Organization policy.
- Participate in daily devotions in line with the Organization policy and practice.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor and the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Uganda Certificate of Education.
- Stage II of Motor vehicle Mechanics (maintenance) Certificate is desired
- A minimum of five years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skills in defensive driving are desired
- Good team player.
- High degree of flexibility
- Applicants should also have empathy with Send a Cow’s Christian foundation and core values
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to submit the following documents as they apply:
- Complete SAC Application Form, download here
- Submit ‘three key achievements’ according to instructions, download here
Send the completed documents to: email@example.com
Deadline: 19th August, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline