Job Title: Director Finance
Organization: PKF Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PKF Uganda envisions being the leading Regional Firm, with a recognized global presence providing total quality and personalized service through relationships and empowered manpower and it has been in existence since 1964. Our client in the NGO Health Sector has an upcoming funding opportunity with a start date in April 2017.
Job Summary: The Director Finance will initiate, develop, and monitor the implementation of systems, policies, and working procedures for managing finance activities in line with the organization’s mission and objectives
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of financial control systems, policies and procedures to maintain financial discipline in regard to financial policies and regulations of the organization
· Initiate, monitor and review timely preparation and submission of management accounts and financial statements and forecasts in line with International Financial Reporting Standards and Donor requirements
· Prepare a consolidated organization annual budgets then monitor the preparation and implementation of approved departmental/program/project budgets by Management and Board of Directors in line with the Strategic Plan and Annual Work Plans
· The incumbent will develop and monitor the implementation of a strategy for facilitating periodic internal, external and donor audits' and implementing related audit findings to improve project implementation in line with the auditing standards and guidelines
· Periodically monitor the financial performance of the organization against approved revenue and expenditure estimates and prepare regular reports to advise management and the Board of Directors on Budgetary control and cost cutting measures within and appropriate use of assets, facilities, materials, staff salaries and other expenditures in line with the organization's financial policies
· Develop and maintain partnerships and networks with the directorate key stakeholders to foster an harmonized and controlled organization financial system in line with Organization financial policy
· Regularly monitor the compliance of the Directorate teams to Human Resources systems and policies as well as conduct supervisory Human Resources support activities to maintain a competent and motivated "team of Leaders" in the Directorates in line with the Human Resources manual.
· Develop a 3 or 5 years’ operation strategy based on holistic strategic thinking' for the finance Directorate and monitor its implementation through the periodic consolidated Balance Score Cards for the directorate inclusive of the regional offices in line with organization strategic plan and organization financial policy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s (honors) degree in Commerce or Accounting or Finance and a Masters degree in finance or accounting or an MBA with accounting option from a reputable university.
· Membership of any relevant professional i.e. ACCA or CPA
· At least five (5) years working experience in a related managerial post.
· Good IT skills mainly in Microsoft Office packages coupled with a strong understanding of Finance and accounting software and knowledge of Navision.
· The successful candidate needs to be a team player with excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and with strong analytical skills.
· Age: Between 30-45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an email application with a fully updated CV and academic documents, email address and day-time telephone contact to this E-mail address; email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline