Job Title: Director – Finance and Accounting
Organization: Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director General
The Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is situated under the Presidency of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda - in particular to mobilize, expedite and monitor resources for the HIV/AIDS control programmes and activities.
Job Summary: The Director – Finance and Accounting will offer guidance and technical support to UAC Management on proper management and accountability for the financial resources in accordance with the current financial management and accountability laws and regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will forecast financial requirements and co-ordinate the consolidation of UAC budgets;
· Coordinate the preparation of final books of accounts and accounting records;
· Manage the preparation and submit periodic financial statements and reports;
· Oversee the preparation of responses to audit queries and mandatory inquiries whenever necessary;
· Offer technical guidance and support to UAC management on financial management matters;
· Enforce adherence to financial management policy, regulations and professional practices in all financial transactions.
· The incumbent will attend meetings, workshops and conferences to advocate and seek support for UAC;
· Supervise and appraise performance of the staff of the Directorate;
· Deputize the DG as may be designated from time to time;
· Account for fiscal and other resources of the Directorate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UAC Director – Finance and Accounting job opportunity should hold an Honours Bachelors Degree B.Com or BBA plus full Professional Accounting Qualification such as ACCA, CPA, ACIS and CPE from recognized institution OR Full professional qualification in Accountancy such as ACCA, CPA, ACIS and CPE obtained from a recognized institution and accredited by Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU).
· Member of a recognised Accounting body
· Possession of a Masters Degree with a bias in Business Administration or Management field from a recognized awarding institution
· At least twelve (12) years working experience five (5) of which must have been served at senior Management level in Government or equivalent / relevant level of experience in a reputable organization.
· Knowledge and skills in financial management
· Knowledge and skills in planning, Budgeting and coordinating;
· Knowledge and skills in Information and Communications Technology;
· Knowledge and skills in Accountability;
· Good problem solving and decision making skills
· Team Work;
· Ability to communicate effectively;
· Concern for quality and standards, and ethics and Integrity
· Knowledge of IFMS.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/educational certificates and send it to:
The Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda, and P.O Box 10779, Kampala. Uganda OR hand deliver the application to its offices indicated above from 8.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline