Job Title: Deputy Country Director (DCD)
Organisation: Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000) is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmers’ organizations and the private sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deputize the Country Director in managerial and program activities.
- Lead activities and prepare periodic progress reports of Public Private Partnerships and Market Access in Uganda.
- Identify and engage with national and local stakeholders to ensure that Program activities are carried out as planned
- Build and manage partnerships, networks and collaborative linkages with other stakeholders linked to the project
- Support the Country Director in preparing periodic country progress reports to SAA Management and other stakeholders
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Country Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an MSc in Agricultural Economics /Rural Development / an MBA with a major in markets issue. Possession of a PhD in any of the above specializations is an added advantage.
- The incumbent must have a holistic vision of rural development, a good sense of business development and project management;
- At least ten years’ experience is required
- Ability to manage the public relations and fundraising component for the organization
- He or she must be business-oriented and understand the agribusiness environment in Uganda (good knowledge of market access for small producers)
- Excellent track record of working with farmers’ organizations, public & private sector
- Have a team spirit in order to implement SAA matrix management
- Excellent written and good communication skills;
- Excellent oral, analytical, writing and presentational skills;
- Computer literacy skills
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder working environments.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter, a CV with names of three professional referees and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Ruth Towers, Plot 15A Clement Hill Road
P.O. Box 6987, Kampala-Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline