Job Title: Communications Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Marketing Director
Job Summary: The Communications Manager will be mainly responsible for maintaining and promoting the SolarNow brand and communications internally and externally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Written and oral communication:
- Write, edit and produce press materials (press releases, fact sheets, statements, news features, etc.,) as appropriate.
- Responsible for the content and production of a bi-monthly external digital newsletter to investors and interested parties
- Assist with internal communications (e.g. renew product launches)
- In charge of maintaining and updating branding guidelines and ensuring brand standards are adhered to and integrated into media products
Public Relations, Research and Relationship Building:
- Proactively pursue Public Relations activities
- Be the face of SolarNow at events and conferences as required, particularly with corporate clients
- Carry out regular media monitoring, particularly of competitors and solar energy industry
- Work in liaison with branches and media outlets regarding SolarNow’s media presence (eg. radio)
Digital channels maintenance and development:
- Inform website design. Execute website maintenance and continual improvement
- Social Media and SMS strategy development and execution (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter accounts)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have at least five years’ experience in communications;
- Computer and IT skills (including use of Microsoft office, the internet and bonus if you are able to maintain websites)
- Proven ability to work with Uganda media, including local, national and regional media across print, radio and online, including relationships with editors and reporters
- Ability to draft press releases, statements, opinion pieces, newsletter articles and press materials
- Traditional and social media monitoring and communications skills;
- Comfort with being a spokesperson;
- A passionate believer in our vision of transforming lives by providing sustainable energy solutions. It’s important to us that you really believe and embody who we are and what we are trying to achieve.
- An experienced and creative communicator – you have a proven ability to effectively communicate (informally and formally) to various audiences and a demonstrated capacity to convey key messages using various communication means, both in written and verbal formats. You are able to inject creativity into all that you do. Digital communication channels do not scare you. You love to influence in ways that others may not think of. You are often the person in an organisation that really challenges others to think big and to think differently.
- A detail-oriented doer – you have a track record of getting things done and done well. You are organised, conscientious, proactive and execute to a fine level of detail.
- A persuasive connector – you love meeting new people and making them an ambassador for what we are doing. You are able to stay linked to many networks and leverage them at the right time. You are an expert in connecting with different audiences in a genuine way.
- Dedicated to self-improvement – You strive to be the best that you can be. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, email@example.com, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 17th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline