Job Title: Chief Executive Officer - Life Assurance
Organization: CIC Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director - CIC Africa Uganda
CIC Insurance Group is the leading Co-operative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management Services. It is a pioneer and leader in Micro-insurance. The Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it International recognition.
Job Summary: The Chief Executive Officer - Life Assurance will provide strategic direction and leadership to grow Life Assurance in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement the business strategy to ensure overall achievement of CIC Uganda’s long term strategy and annual business plans;
· Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
· Proactively build customer relationships that ensure business retention and growth;
· Actively promote and maintain sound corporate governance, ethical, integrity, diversity inclusion and corporate social responsibility standards;
· Prepare regular and periodic reports to the board that provide strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals;
· Achieve operational results for all key metrics in line with annual business budgets and plans;
· Ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
· Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policy makers and other key stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the CIC Chief Executive Officer Life Assurance job placement should preferably hold a master’s degree in a Business related field;
· Professional qualification in Insurance and/or Actuarial, CFA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA;
· Possession of a certificate in corporate governance will be an added advantage;
· A minimum of eight years’ experience, three of which at a senior management level within the insurance industry;
· The ideal candidates must have proven experience in leading and managing large teams of people with diverse backgrounds.
· The persons must possess strong knowledge of the insurance industry and a proven track record in business growth.
· The incumbent should also have experience in financial management, planning, budgeting and regulatory compliance.
· Demonstrable commercial and financial / investment management experience;
· Excellent leadership skills particularly in strategy formulation and execution;
· Proven ability to quickly grasp business risks and make sound decisions;
· Prior experience in board management;
· Previous experience in the cooperative movement will be an additional advantage
How to Apply:
All applicants who are suitably qualified should send their applications via Email to: email@example.com with the subject line as CICUGANDA/CEO-LIFE/08/2016.
Deadline: 4th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline